SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Yep thats our new Super Wagon. It arrived on Monday ;) The wife is turning into a hoon already though but geez it's a nice car. 99% sure that will be the recce car for April - the Audi RS4 we are bringing to TWP next week. I'd have brought the R36 next week but the wife won't let me even drive it down the shops yet let alone let me take it for a week! lol But the wife and kids will probably come in April so I'll be allowed to bring it as I'll be under supervision!

it's alive!!! the bodyworks painted the lip, i think it looks better with the black lip

i think dad is thinking of twp, even though there are no spots left?!

post-5985-1232526851_thumb.jpg

post-5985-1232526968_thumb.jpg

post-5985-1232527924_thumb.jpg

Edited by sav man

Yep thats our new Super Wagon. It arrived on Monday :P The wife is turning into a hoon already though but geez it's a nice car. 99% sure that will be the recce car for April - the Audi RS4 we are bringing to TWP next week. I'd have brought the R36 next week but the wife won't let me even drive it down the shops yet let alone let me take it for a week! lol But the wife and kids will probably come in April so I'll be allowed to bring it as I'll be under supervision!

The novelty of seeing an RS4 in tas is enough, and you pricks are doing recce in one!!! Don't need any help/crew do you?

Should be good for doin all the handbrake turns required when wanting to run over a piece of road again in recce :cheers:

Well that last seal kit in existence will allow us to have the best handbrake ever, although im definately not buying new tyres b4 hand!

it's alive!!! the bodyworks painted the lip, i think it looks better with the black lip

i think dad is thinking of twp, even though there are no spots left?!

Hmm yeh the black looked better, White Knight flat black... you know you want to!

PS nice to see you washed the charf off!

well it is with huge relief i give my latest update..... i have somehow managed to fit back into the race suit :P

that and i think we are on the wednesday night boat, so may catch up with some of you blokes for a quiet shandy on the crossing.

Hmm yeh the black looked better, White Knight flat black... you know you want to!

PS nice to see you washed the charf off!

wash the charf off! it's sill got clay all down the side of it. It'll get a good clean soon.

well it is with huge relief i give my latest update..... i have somehow managed to fit back into the race suit :P

that and i think we are on the wednesday night boat, so may catch up with some of you blokes for a quiet shandy on the crossing.

Excelent. Should be a fun convoy down to Hobart Thursday morning then too. Roll ons anyone?? :cheers:

I'd be interested to see how Ze R34 compares to an R35 straight line actually. I know 1st hand that Jeff's R34 is slower than his R35 so it would be interesting to see if my special body kit helps fix that. :cheers:

Excelent. Should be a fun convoy down to Hobart Thursday morning then too. Roll ons anyone?? :D

I'd be interested to see how Ze R34 compares to an R35 straight line actually. I know 1st hand that Jeff's R34 is slower than his R35 so it would be interesting to see if my special body kit helps fix that. :)

Change of plans sadly & no convoy- looks like we are booked for the Tuesday night boat.

Will see everyone at scruitineering or Friday evening at the briefing no doubt, if not before.

I'll be the one in the pink car ;)

well there were super high winds here today. lots of power outages in launceston and hobart.

just put the power fc pro in the gtr. still running the engine in, so can't give the launch control a proper crack.

My mate Blaise over in W.A. just bought himself a new car yesterday for the purposes of making a Tarmac Rally Car. It needs a bit of work (obviously!) but for $10K it looks like a good buy. It probably won't see any events in 09 but it should be right to play in 2010.

post-5136-1232663461_thumb.jpg

My mate Blaise over in W.A. just bought himself a new car yesterday for the purposes of making a Tarmac Rally Car. It needs a bit of work (obviously!) but for $10K it looks like a good buy. It probably won't see any events in 09 but it should be right to play in 2010.

gotta say, the 22 idea would have been heaps cooler!

...and only tossers own evos!

One week out and I'm getting excited! :) The race wheels are now on - just the stickers to go and the car is done. It's a shame we have to put any on actually as the car looks pretty sweet as it is right now although the ones we do have coming are pretty amuzing.

n605772563_1966781_4299.jpg

n605772563_1966779_4022.jpg

And Stu - Blaise has another idea which I'll talk to you about next week (looking forwards to meeting you in person and really hope we can have a beer at some stage).

ah cool, gotta atleast try and be different.

car looks awesome, the black rims really do finish the package

all up for beers, drop me a text on the 0412 number (its the easiest way to get me during event)

See everyone competing @wrestpoint down there - I'm up at sparrows tomorrow morning to help get the DK cars onto the Tuesday night boat!