SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Hey Kel,

Looks like I will be seeing you at Rally Tas, just got the call up last night. Hopefully its a quality event, as numbers are low.

Good luck everyone competing in Wrest Point, won't be able to make it down now to spectate :D

good luck guys , i will be looking for results intently

you better get that car of yours fixed in time for targa you pussy

good luck to everyone competing this weekend, especially the rally virgins.

and looks like toyota have pulled out of ARC. very bad news for rallying in Oz even tarmac style, they were the last manufacturers hanging in there

Well touch wood that the weather stays as is forecast right now for the weekend. It doesn't need to get any hotter (or wetter) than is predicted currently. I'm really glad this event isn't in Melb though as there is no way my car would survive 40degs. It nearly died yesterday just driving into town!

And the boys and girls are just applying the final touches to the car now. Paul Walker would be proud! :(

post-5136-1233100554_thumb.jpg

nice work on rally tas Tim! Shame we wont see you this weekend?

Just spotted Snowman out on reccy - that crew car is definitely hard to miss we were in the navara with the smoking brakes going the opposite direction :blink:

Looks like we are in for some bloody quick stages going to be awesome fun in the 35

Anyway back to work for me gee this nav thing is a tough gig

Stay safe and legal Kel ;)

I've been getting reports that the stages look good, you better be heading to Joe's Garage tonight for Thirsty Thursdy!!! :blink:

Ha ha always safe, no comment on legal :)

will have to see about joes we still have to do some set up including seeing if i can sqeeze my arse into petes tiny seats!

What a day. 5:15am wake up call from the idiot on the P.A. system on the ferry, followed by a drive from Davenport to Hobart to check in, followed by a 380km recce trip. Am utterly rooted.

But so far it looks like fun. I think. Am too tired to tell. Off to bed....

But RS4 is a tops recce car :)

We're at the business end now!

Scrutiny began tonight and continues tomorrow. Some last minute mis-communications have resulted in the Cygnet stage being chopped up pretty heavily by council contractors... I have been assured by council all will be good, but a visit to the stage late tomorrow arvo will seal its fate.

Turns out I'll be on the course now... I've got flashing lights, a siren and borrowed car to play with !!