SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

We're at the business end now!

Scrutiny began tonight and continues tomorrow. Some last minute mis-communications have resulted in the Cygnet stage being chopped up pretty heavily by council contractors... I have been assured by council all will be good, but a visit to the stage late tomorrow arvo will seal its fate.

Turns out I'll be on the course now... I've got flashing lights, a siren and borrowed car to play with !!

Always driving someone elses car stuart!

Scrutiny began tonight and continues tomorrow. Some last minute mis-communications have resulted in the Cygnet stage being chopped up pretty heavily by council contractors... I have been assured by council all will be good, but a visit to the stage late tomorrow arvo will seal its fate.

Turns out I'll be on the course now... I've got flashing lights, a siren and borrowed car to play with !!

Yeah Cygnet was pretty bad at the front end. I was wondering about that as it is worse than the section on Dover that was cancelled. Still - it was better than the gravel road James had me on to begin with after he entered some GPS co-ordinates in Tom incorrectly! LOL But how people ever did these things before the existance of GPS's is beyond me. We'd never have found half these roads with-out one.

The other fun part has been the fuel situation. We got off the boat in Davenport and went to fill up with BP98 and the sign said "Sorry we are out". Went into Launceston and found the same thing (but did eventually find one spot who had some but was due to run out within a day or so). Got into Hobart and the Sandy Bay BP was also out. This was a worry I can tell you! But the recce showed the 2 stations we were replying on for fuel both still have enough to get us through the event thank god. Whether I can then get the car back to Davenport on Monday is another question!

Looking forwards to finally catching up with everyone this afternoon.

Doh cygnet is my fave stage!

Nice change from some of those goat tracks you have us running on :)

Pete is joking that we will need to take an angle grinder to the car to get through some of the stages!

Hey Benno, you need to dip into the Octagon bucket... Get 46 big fcuk off signs that say "No Road Works Required for Next **ks" Go round the Targa course next week and put em in. The council workers from the gene pool challenged state will then take their 2 cote seal else where.

(I'm from there so I can say that)

Hope it goes well M8 - I have an idea of how much time you spend making sure it can happen. Say good'ay to the "oohps no brakes" Evo Crew. Will Check the score when in Dubai.

TT

Gee I wish I was there! :) Given the chopped section is 3 to 6 kays on Cygnet maybe just shorten it Stu rather than drop it out altogether? Its a great stage and would be a shame to lose it :D

Zero car are ya? what ya drivin, a Mitsi 380 auto I hope :)

Spoke to Glenney last night, he reckons the 'dore is a good thing, plenty of stick. It's a newly built thing though so he says if it's not competetive keep an eye out for plenty of smoke and sideways :)

Yeah Cygnet was pretty bad at the front end. I was wondering about that as it is worse than the section on Dover that was cancelled. Still - it was better than the gravel road James had me on to begin with after he entered some GPS co-ordinates in Tom incorrectly! LOL But how people ever did these things before the existance of GPS's is beyond me. We'd never have found half these roads with-out one.

The other fun part has been the fuel situation. We got off the boat in Davenport and went to fill up with BP98 and the sign said "Sorry we are out". Went into Launceston and found the same thing (but did eventually find one spot who had some but was due to run out within a day or so). Got into Hobart and the Sandy Bay BP was also out. This was a worry I can tell you! But the recce showed the 2 stations we were replying on for fuel both still have enough to get us through the event thank god. Whether I can then get the car back to Davenport on Monday is another question!

Looking forwards to finally catching up with everyone this afternoon.

Yeh I think a GPS is the go (well the way we do recce), might have to lash out on one before TT, benny gets cranky when we are running on fumes and im not sure where we are going :) Mind you rally tas is gonna be interesting without a terra trip or anything (unless I can borrow one!)

I am up in arms over the fuel issue, it seems whenever there is a rally on there is none. yet about 3 weeks ago I went to BP and they only had Ultimate? I question the grade of it also, maybe it wouldn't hurt to buy it by the 205 drums?

PS Andrew is Devonport (you make it sound more bogan than it already is haha!)

Edited by PHaT MR30

Hey guys! Pretty excited I can confirm that Timmy and I are the first to be awarded with a TARMAC Magazine Targa Tasmania "scholarship"!!! ;) ;)

So folks, I know for a fact that decisions haven't been made upon who the other four entries will go to, so if you have the means, get your email into Dean Evans, you just never know!

Oh, and support Tarmac Mag, because he's supporting us! :)

Well we finished the Recce and have passed Scrutineering all without issue. Although the 1st stage on Sunday (Glenlusk) is about the single most frightening piece of tarmac I've ever driven on in my life - and that was at 60km/hr. I seriously can't imagine going through it at speed but I guess Sunday we'll find out all going well. That's the stage the R35's need the angle grinder for as it is that tight.

But we are both really looking forwards to tomorrow. No expectations other than to have a lot of fun! :P

post-5136-1233311940_thumb.jpg

Well she's seeming like a mixed bag at the moment.

SS2 was down graded due to a number of accidents, no results yet for SS3 or SS4.

SS5, SS6 and SS7 were cancelled due to running behind time.

Issues with the computer system not spitting any stage times out ATM.

there isn't any info about him at all, not even in the rallyfast news.

anyone looked at glennys times? he is 5th outright (classic & modern combined)!!!! i've never seen a classic commo anywhere near the front in tassie, let alone spanking the compitition.

Edited by sav man