SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Good on ya Timmy! Just to let everyone know, Tim's been headhunted by hot steerer and great bloke Gavin James. These boys will give the Early Modern guys a red hot run in their non turbo 944 :happy:

GO LADS!

Good on ya Timmy! Just to let everyone know, Tim's been headhunted by hot steerer and great bloke Gavin James. These boys will give the Early Modern guys a red hot run in their non turbo 944 :happy:

GO LADS!

Gavin couldn't sell the car? Good work Timmy, you should be a good chance for a podium.

Gavin couldn't sell the car? Good work Timmy, you should be a good chance for a podium.

Thanks guys, was a major last minute decision, but will be a good one hopefully.

Haven't discussed service crew arrangements with Gav yet, but Ben are you and Damo servicing this year? Wouldn't be asking you to put yourselves out and service for us, but maybe help us with a splash of fuel?

I'm crewing for Dad, and Damo is crewing for Kerry. I can carry extra fuel for you, and i'll have tools/race tape/cable tie's on hand if needed. I image Damo will be the same, but you'll need to check with him

Still chasing some accomodation, floor space, a roof... anything in Strahan really just for two, as she is totally booked out :)

Have made many calls nationwide, there is zip!

And I really don't think queenstown is an option since, we most likely won't have a car down there and the road closes at 6:58am queenstown end :D

i see the mazdabaters are running e85, i'll be interested to see what their fuel econamy is like, and if the car arrives with a bathurst tank. rX8's are thirsty at the best of times, let alone with a turbo

i see the mazdabaters are running e85, i'll be interested to see what their fuel econamy is like, and if the car arrives with a bathurst tank. rX8's are thirsty at the best of times, let alone with a turbo

I heard Glenney is concerned it won't make the distance over Arrowsmith.

I wonder how many cars we will find run out of fuel toward the end of the stage this year? Only person I know who isn't worried is Barry Oliver, he was quite comfortable the new GT3 RS would get through fine since its the same capacity tank as the GT2, but more economical.

hmmmmmm, im not sure if that looks like fun or is like one of those amusement rides that scares the shit out of you to the point that you cant wait for it to be over so you can get off.

the shots with the cliff is unbelievable. Hats off to you people...much respect.

Nine more sleeps and I'm there!

ps: nice to keep reliving those potato farming adventures boys :laugh: