SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

my $10/l E85 is looking pretty cheap about now.

E85 guys will need a fill on the arrowsmith start and finish line.

There's a few 98 guys that will be doing the same I'm sure! (I'm one! LOL).

There's a few 98 guys that will be doing the same I'm sure! (I'm one! LOL).

we're planning on filling dad in queenstown, and just after arrowsmith.

Anyone know if the moron in Roseberry is closing his BP for Targa again?

we're planning on filling dad in queenstown, and just after arrowsmith.

Anyone know if the moron in Roseberry is closing his BP for Targa again?

Ah - that would ruin some plans I have! LOL

Is it that badly tuned (or that illegal) that it needs that much fuel? :ermm:

Haha - no. But its what? 61 hard kms to Mt Arrowsmith - 56kms in the stage - and then around 100kms to the refill point at lunch.

So Ideally I'd fill up once half way through Arrowsmith! LOL But TO BE SAFE I'm going to want 20L before and 20L after (although 20L in Queenstown will work just as well).

you planning to fill at Roseberry? The guy hates Targa, and closes every year just to protest it.

Good to know! Will make other plans! LOL (This shite NEEDS to be the event guide Stu!)

The funny thing is the guy could double his 98 sales in one day for the whole year if he stayed open! LOL

other side of queenstown wouldn't be a problem for us, it's not much ferther up the road. Dad hasn't done any fuel burn tests with the 700cc injectors yet, so we have no idea of fuel consumption.

other side of queenstown wouldn't be a problem for us, it's not much ferther up the road. Dad hasn't done any fuel burn tests with the 700cc injectors yet, so we have no idea of fuel consumption.

If you fill between Queenstown and Arrowsmith you'll be stuck in there until road re-opens Ben. That's why most fill before Queenstown, then diverts around the back to Hobart. Not the end of the world if you plan on being right down the back with Jim and YT though :ermm:

0.6/l is pretty eficient, last year we wored on 1/l km compeditive for the big stages with lots of WOT

Well I don't have a 56.6L tank so it better not be 1L/km or else I'm not getting through Arrowsmith! LOL

Well I don't have a 56.6L tank so it better not be 1L/km or else I'm not getting through Arrowsmith! LOL

Stop worrying, you'll be fine. We pissed it in when we ran the 34. Yours will be tuned leaner than ours was, AND you'll be off the throttle more, because, well, you're a pussy. :)

Stop worrying, you'll be fine. We pissed it in when we ran the 34. Yours will be tuned leaner than ours was, AND you'll be off the throttle more, because, well, you're a pussy. :)

But it's a family spec R34, with DVD player, kids and a dog in the back.

See how cocky I am when I'm not competing this year. :)

Ten bucks says we can beat your time over Arrowsmith in our borrowed STi Snowy :)

You going to join the service crew race though the stage :)

Yep in the ML55 (hard life aye), the cops love sitzing at service crew, when i came off in 08 a 70 series cruiser came screaming round the corner to find a tow truck accross the road. He locked all 4 up, and the she cop when off her tits.