SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

good work from Mark too...made it home after running a raceworx spec widebody 32 gtst all week :)

Well done to everyone full stop.

The Snow"I want him in my lotto sind"man

Bens little boy Tim and his circlip

Tiger Bradles Manion

High Point was YTs Lambo win... Uncle John spends large sums, but Jason and a small crew spend 1000s of hours doing all their stuff in house.

Well done to Tony Warren who agian proved that a shed in the back yard can see off the factory teams in Showroom.

And the low point... just the oil on water causing a chain of events that robbed the race of something special.

High point... the unpredictable weather - and all those who overcame it at whatever speed.

TT

ahah of course....that is why I have wired every important accessory through it's own individual circuit. chasing single issues and loosing everything at the same time was sending me crazy!!!

And finished first! SAU VICTORIA win rookie and early modern!

Fixed it for ya Bris!!

Congrats Adam and Dan on winning Rookie and Snowy and Chris for taking our early modern.

Awesome job by all 4 of you.

Am hoping Smaug's efforts at being a tree hugger can be easily (& cheaply) fixed.

See you all when you get home.

Ummm the fat lady has been singing... see results.

Next time the C of C is on here, maybe a clarrification of the 999 rule please. Because it seems to have gone full circle in the last 5 years.

It would seem the rule now allows you to get out of the stage you crashed/mech on and if you are not out of late time and get to the start of the following stage inside your late time, you are given a derived time for both???

Anyhow, this event had more twists than Queenstown stage!

TT

Indeed....and it smelly pretty bad to me.

Today's results for early modern are:

1. Manion/Dean

2. Beable/Beable (who we know did not complete at least 1 stage)

3. Dowie/Ryan (same, at least 1 stage missed)

4. Stevens/Ryan (same, at least 1 stage missed)

5. Thatcher/Handley.

I also note Andrew is missing - was there a problem with his times?

If i was Thatcher/Handley I would be pretty dirty about that. They were 1:39 behind first place, and lost 2 min on a stage with a battery issue on day 2....before fixing it and continuing. However, in the case of 3 cars in front of them, they failed to finished a stage for mechanical reasons but were creditted a time as if it never happened? If they had done the same thing would they have won EM by 20sec? There is something that stinks in these rules.

No reflection on 2/3/4th place, if they are the rules and they have used them, well done. But if so the rules desperately need an overhaul.

huh!?

people can be so petty sometimes... congrats to you guys anyway, big effort to keep the thing on the road (sort of) and travelling quickly all week in those conditions... chris must be slightly mad to jump in and nav first time at targa, but you guys obviously worked it out pretty quickly as you were fast right from the get go

well done to all the SAUers :P

aaahahaha, .... ahhhhhhh. The world will never run out of people who gag on cock! :P

I will send some flowers and a teddy bear to Just Jap when they get back. Also send a tube of anusol to help him with his little problem! OH now i so wish i was there right now, I would go out of my way to either be on the same plane or boat as him, i would get a belly im me, so really, really annoying and give him plenty of shit!

I suppose if you are driving a cheater spec limited build of 10 Attkd or whatever its called, you wouldnt understand the reason behing running an $800 used R33 box rather then a $4,500 6spd.

Congrats to Adam/Dan and Snowy/Chris...awesome work in tough conditions :P

Sorry to hear about the after-event stuff - unless the mod is an out and out performance one (2.8ltr, huge turbs etc) who the hell would want to win like that??!!

Have lots of thoughts on many of the decisions this year... from the sidelines you see cars on tow ropes and not making it out of the stage...

Some of the derived times this year were astounding... I dont know the full story on most - but a couple I do, :P

Suck it up Snowy... your name on the honour roll will be worth it. See you next year.

TT

No reflection on 2/3/4th place, if they are the rules and they have used them, well done. But if so the rules desperately need an overhaul.

Make that "No reflection on 1/2/3/4th place...

But if so the rules desperately need an overhaul."

And good comment. Bit hard for you I know Dunc - but the boys at Octagon have dropped the ball on a couple of issues. The original 999 / derived time rule was in place to prevent people getting behind the 999 car and with late time in hand deriving them selves through the event.

For some reason it has been changed or implimented differently this year.

Falling Behind the Competition Sweep (999)

a) Competitors who stop in a Targa stage and fall behind the Competition Sweep Vehicle (999) but are within their late time limit may receive

a derived time. The derived time will take into account that the competitor has stopped prior to the passage of the Competition Sweep.

A derived time calculated for any following stages will have one minute added to the time. To be eligible for this derived time, the crew

must report to the end of the section. If a vehicle is unable to reach the finish control of the stage they have stopped in, or any following

control, under its own motive power, a derived time will not be calculated from that point on.

b) Competitors who fall behind the 999 Sweep Car on a touring stage will not be able to contest the following Targa Stage. The crew is

required to record all arrival and departure times on the time card. Provided the crew is within its late time limit at the start control of the

stage following the touring stage they fell behind on, and provided that the vehicle has not stopped to carry out service or refuelling, a

derived time may be issued and ten seconds will be added to that time.

What ever - you cannot crash out of a race, (or break down) on live stage and remain in front of someone who completes it properly.

Dean Herridge changed a tyre in the stage... Maybe, had he parked it and waited for the sweep, followed it out and got a derived time he would have been better off.

Derived times - other than those for accident assistance - need to be slowest time plus 10% or something similar...

TT

Edited by Targa Tom

just like in 04 when YT got boned from 2nd for his 34 being illegl, he had intercooler spray with no hose's to run them, had a diffrent heavier strutt brace, and the mess had been pulled out of the front bar!!!

some Tarmac rally boy's get a bit precious, and will do anythink to climb the ladder, well Just Jap can get phucked

used to spend a grand a month there thru work, well no more.....

I love a bit of a bun fight!

Next years Attkd, or is HAKKD cars will run RB30s with sequential 6 spds and more carbon parts. With E85 they should be able to get almost std throttle response from GT-RS and 450rwkws. Print out some more protest paperwork before the event and give it a real go next year :P