SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

I don't think that they would knock back the Caterham R500, but I do think they might require additional roll cage amendments. There was a similar styled car there this year, but it had roll cage protrusions around the doors and over the top. The Skelta, of which there were 2 this year, is similarly spec'd.

From my own experience, I'd want the roll cage additions as well, and still wouldn't run a car that wasn't fully enclosed. I don't care how good a driver you think you are, somewhere, sometime, you are going to come off.

My first video is done.

Moriarty - this was our first "competative" stage (was the 4th stage of the day but the other 3 were essentially non-timed).

Good times!! :)

What an EPIC event! still on a high! TARGA SOOOOO ROCKS! :)

I got to see so much and cant wait to do it in a competition car next year!

Queenstown stage is so unreal!!

The trills and spills were massive and the conditions that everyone had to indure were incrediable!

Bring on 2011!!

P.s I am petrified of leaches! One thing in Tassie I am not impressed with LOL :thumbsup:;)

Highlight of the week for me: Dinner with Ed Ordinski

Nice to meet you Jess.

I managed to dodge the leaches.

Funnily enough Queenstown is my least favourite stage. I don't mind the descent over the back, but the climb is boring, repetative, and just too slow.

I do personally prefer 5th gear flat corners than 2nd gear stuff though.

I quite like Queenstown. Reminded me of a Dutton event! Hellyer Gorge is my new fav though. It just flows beautifully.

Paloona was pretty epic too but that might just be because it was the stage I had the biggest crack at.

But Riana can GAGF'd! LOL

Nice to meet you Jess.

I managed to dodge the leaches.

Funnily enough Queenstown is my least favourite stage. I don't mind the descent over the back, but the climb is boring, repetative, and just too slow.

I do personally prefer 5th gear flat corners than 2nd gear stuff though.

You too Benny...Would of liked to of chatted more!!

haha So did I..but I saw a official on a stage that didnt ;) I made up a leech dance on the start line too :)

Hmm you are probably right but its just so unreal...will know next year I guess

I quite like Queenstown. Reminded me of a Dutton event! Hellyer Gorge is my new fav though. It just flows beautifully.

Paloona was pretty epic too but that might just be because it was the stage I had the biggest crack at.

But Riana can GAGF'd! LOL

What did you think of "The Sideling"??? That stage soooo threw me first off the bat in the morning!!!

Burgo and Pats favourite stage was "Strahn"

Dreading Arrowsmith... :thumbsup: just soooooo long!

Aww whats wrong with Riana??

You may not have won the event Snowman, but the way you have conducted yourself post event is very proffessional... for that alone you are a winner.

If you are wondering how YT went on the notes... see his times on roads they had no notes.

And if you want to know why he is quick... look at the vid from this link.

Was in the company of the Woo on Day 3 and where we watched was a good indication of times.

Oh... Snowy, another prize you picked up. The MOST agressive cut by a long way - last RH before the finish on Stoodly :)

TT

Edited by Targa Tom

My first video is done.

Moriarty - this was our first "competative" stage (was the 4th stage of the day but the other 3 were essentially non-timed).

Good times!! :)

Jesus Farking Titty Christ! That is quick for the dry and STOOOPID in the wet. :thumbsup: Beauty of owning that car for so long and having driven it in all sorts of conditions

You may not have won the event Snowman, but the way you have conducted yourself post event is very proffessional... for that alone you are a winner.

TT

Can't agree more.......

Jason White (Lambo alphabet) on Paloona stage Leg 3. Major moment about 1klm in! :D

Turn it up and enjoy this shit hot stage! (Greg and I were at the spectator point at 2:30, YT looked wicked quick through there :)) You reckon he's happy with his time? :)

Edited by Marlin

Jason White (Lambo alphabet) on Paloona stage Leg 3. Major moment about 1klm in! :D

Turn it up and enjoy! (Greg and I were at the spectatopr point at 2:30, YT looked wicked quick through there :))

Didnt happen to get any happy snaps of the BPG GTR on that corner you were telling me about...the EPIC moment?? :)

No I didn't, suffice to say his tail lights appeared first :D

Talking about the T junction at the bottom of the steep descent down Cethana, braking downhill from over 200klm/h in the wet for a first gear corner on a 1 in 5 hill usually catches a few out! LOL

Well finally back home after a LONG week.

Interesting outcome in the end, not making any comments on anything because shit happens and always will.

Had an absolute ball, even if we did DNF, won't know exact cause of the problem till it gets stripped down, but looking to maybe have been bad fuel :D

Great to catch up with so many of you again and also meet some new faces.

HIGH POINTs: Fastest Car Outright over Queenstown, Cethana in the Wet, ABS

LOW POINTs: DNF'ing, Glenney/Ayers incident.

Bring back Thoroughbred Category for all the Sports Sedans.

i think timmy won the targa drunk plate instead of kel this year

I was so drunk sunday night, I got black flagged at the bar :D and then couldn't remember the address of where I was staying lol.

Somehow managed to back it up last night too, and got another black flag (refused service), but i might just look into Wrest Point's responsible serving of alcohol policy, I couldn't keep track of how much i'd had since they topped my glass up everytime they walked past (and considering how long Big John's speech went for we were in that room for a LONG time), but when it was asked could they just put the bottle on the table the answer was no...

I really don't want to go to work tomorrow (or ever in this current state of PTB).