SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

is he just converting his 9 into a 7?

Na he has a 7 as well as a 5. Apparently he got the 7 when the Showroom rules went EMO specifically for EMod. Although he was sounding ready to walk away on Sunday night and concentrate on his circuit RX7 but we all feel ready to walk after an experience like he just had.

As for Batto - they should have stuck him in the Focus RS I reckon. Regardless him and Brenno should have some good ding dongs next year.

Thats twice he's punted the thing off on the last stage?

Why would you be risking life and limb on the last stage when you have a Showroom 4WD lead of about four days!?!?!?!?!

I know Tony is competetive and actually likes to see how he can place on an Outright standing, but nobody cares, no one looks at that stuff.

Thats twice he's punted the thing off on the last stage?

Why would you be risking life and limb on the last stage when you have a Showroom 4WD lead of about four days!?!?!?!?!

I know Tony is competetive and actually likes to see how he can place on an Outright standing, but nobody cares, no one looks at that stuff.

I know he was watching us pretty closely and got a little sooky (for want of a better word) when we matched him on Jamieson and were 20ish seca up on him at lunch on Sunday...

Hows everybody feel about the coverage of Early Modern once again? You start to wonder why would you bother...

What coverage? :(

It was strange that there was no real coverage though because it seemed everytime I took my helmet off a couple of blokes with a video camera and microphone wanted to come and do an interview.

I also had a pre-event phone interview as well which seemed to result in not much. Maybe it's because they kept catching me with a sandwich in my hand and we all know how much I love my food :blush:

Hows everybody feel about the coverage of Early Modern once again? You start to wonder why would you bother...

I thought maybe I was the only one complaining about coverage. I sent an email to Mark Perry regarding how the showroom class with 5 entrants got more coverage than early modern which was by my reckoning the 2nd largest class if you compare to the whole of classic.

I thought maybe I was the only one complaining about coverage. I sent an email to Mark Perry regarding how the showroom class with 5 entrants got more coverage than early modern which was by my reckoning the 2nd largest class if you compare to the whole of classic.

Hi Mark, sorry you asked me for directions to scrutineering/doco and i didn't realise who you were (was looking for the yellow/purple car!)

But yeh doesn't really give your sponsors much incentive as even if you win EM and place 8th outright (as Adam/Dan did) you don't really get a great deal of coverage.

Hi Mark, sorry you asked me for directions to scrutineering/doco and i didn't realise who you were (was looking for the yellow/purple car!)

But yeh doesn't really give your sponsors much incentive as even if you win EM and place 8th outright (as Adam/Dan did) you don't really get a great deal of coverage.

I've just been talking with SCTV and they are doing a 1 hour show just for THC. Much of the story will be told with on-boards, so if you have anything interesting and want to give your sponsors better coverage, then get in touch to see if you have what they need.

I know he was watching us pretty closely and got a little sooky (for want of a better word) when we matched him on Jamieson and were 20ish seca up on him at lunch on Sunday...

He said the exact same thing about you guys when he caught you on big river :blush::down:

He was very lucky as the car didn't suffer any major damage, new coolers, radiator, support panel, control arm,steering rack and front bar.

Fairly sure it will be ready for TWP, he was fairly upbeat about throwing it away so close to the line as leading showroom by such a big margin did not seem to hold any great value for him as a better result overall was his goal.

After looking at his tyres I would have been worried about driving up the mountain at the speed limit let alone pushing like he did.

Edited by marinetowing

I've just been talking with SCTV and they are doing a 1 hour show just for THC. Much of the story will be told with on-boards, so if you have anything interesting and want to give your sponsors better coverage, then get in touch to see if you have what they need.

I've got in car of an awesome crash :blush: