SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Thats a curly one, I'm assuming the rule along the lines of "no modifications to the bodywork can be made" is the issue?

Personally, I'd roll the gaurds. If someone wants to protest that, let them go I reckon! lol

Thats a curly one, I'm assuming the rule along the lines of "no modifications to the bodywork can be made" is the issue?

Yep thats the one!

I know Adam Newton just got a non-conformance issued by the powers that be for rolling the guards on his EMO 4 as he tried to fit 9's under his car.

Yeah speaking with Mick today this is where the alarm bells have come from.

The issue was with the guards. But it looked modified as they were rolled a lot.

Mind you - they seem to be out to get him for some reason so maybe others would get away with it no problems. But Adam is having lots of fun currently because he's quick so he must be cheating.

But I just thought I'd mention it.

The issue was with the guards. But it looked modified as they were rolled a lot.

Mind you - they seem to be out to get him for some reason so maybe others would get away with it no problems. But Adam is having lots of fun currently because he's quick so he must be cheating.

Yeh I did figure it was partly because he has proved rather competitive. I very highly doubt I will get the same sort of attention lol!

You only get checked if your in the top 3 of your catagory. But if your car isn't right, and you do a Bradbury, you could get pinned (although the last Bradbury didn't get looked at)

If its a rule enforce it, otherwise don't make it a rule cos no doubt someone will cheat if they can get away with it.

Shit I can remember in 2007 coming 2nd last in the rookie due to smashing a rocker arm and cam on day one, we still got pinged for illegal strut tops at post event scrutiny.. Ah the CAMS scrutineers were certainly anal, but thorough none the less.

Front is Nismo 1.5 way. Rear is Nismo 2 way. This is the same set-up as the old car.

Anyways - doesn't matter for now. Tomorrow we are putting new arms in the car to get the alignment right (Thumbs up for that rule change). Will take it for a drive and see if that makes any noticeable difference in feel. If not I will try swapping back to the original non-V 4wd computer. And if that fails will pull the rear diff out and play with that.

After that it will be time to look for the matches!

well it sounds like you will figure it out. and I know the feeling about the matches mate. sometimes they will just not run right and no amount of logic will defeat them!

you wanna talk anal, we got pinned for having the wrong model dash,. in a gemini!!!!!!!!!!!

they need to worry a little more about about stroker engine's and dog box's, and little

less about rolled gaurd's, and people who lessen the spec of there car to make

them cheaper to build and run..............

Edited by Burgz32

you wanna talk anal, we got pinned for having the wrong model dash,. in a gemini!!!!!!!!!!!

they need to worry a little more about about stroker engine's and dog box's, and little

less about rolled gaurd's, and people who lessen the spec of there car to make

them cheaper to build and run..............

Yeh its a crime when it comes to stuff like dash's and grills...

Dogboxs are legal now in certain categories, after spending a bit of time in several cars with them you would be crazy NOT to run one!

Was the non-conform issue due to running 9's on the Emo or the guard roll mate?

Adam sent some pics through. The problem seems that rather than "rolling" the guards and maybe getting rid of any lip protruding back into the wheel arch, Adams are more what I would call "pumped" :) The arch has actually been dragged out a bit. Hats off to him though for asking the question up front, although it sounds like he needs to as once you do as well as he is at the moment, sadly a few seem to assume its got nothing to do with talent and all to do with an ineligible car. He is a bit stuck as it is a little hard to undo the work, especially on the rear guard.

With EM you can go up 2" in either direction on wheels. Not sure what the IV came out with but he had got the nod to run the 18 x 8.5's he was planning to run. Unfortunately the IV unlike the V and VI didnt get the plastic wheel arch extensions on the rear and wider front guards so he has come unstuck on body clearance. The VI will swallow 9's no problem. Given the rules, personally I am contemaplating some 19 x 9.5's for the evo and maybe drop it on its guts. Its all about the look right??:)

Fresh set of yokies went on rims yesterday so can now be used to measure and keep rolling to a minimum.

Given the rules, personally I am contemaplating some 19 x 9.5's for the evo and maybe drop it on its guts. Its all about the look right??:)

Don't forget 185 semi's for da fulli sick tyre stretch!

Adam sent some pics through. The problem seems that rather than "rolling" the guards and maybe getting rid of any lip protruding back into the wheel arch, Adams are more what I would call "pumped" :) The arch has actually been dragged out a bit. Hats off to him though for asking the question up front, although it sounds like he needs to as once you do as well as he is at the moment, sadly a few seem to assume its got nothing to do with talent and all to do with an ineligible car. He is a bit stuck as it is a little hard to undo the work, especially on the rear guard.

With EM you can go up 2" in either direction on wheels. Not sure what the IV came out with but he had got the nod to run the 18 x 8.5's he was planning to run. Unfortunately the IV unlike the V and VI didnt get the plastic wheel arch extensions on the rear and wider front guards so he has come unstuck on body clearance. The VI will swallow 9's no problem. Given the rules, personally I am contemaplating some 19 x 9.5's for the evo and maybe drop it on its guts. Its all about the look right??:)

Yeah I'm pretty certain that the lil Evo 4 ran 16x6.5" standard. My mate David Catchpole ran one (in Targa) on stock wheels and the thing was quick. Catchy's quick too I guess.

18x8.5 is massive for an Evo 4! lol

Edited by Marlin

Indeed he did..... good enough to win Rally Burnie 2006 outright in front of Jimmy remember :) .... with him missus navving for the first time :)

Matter of fact.... here's the acceptance speach!!! LMFAO :D

("Big Den" is Whitey's dad) lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq_09-bGxTg

Edited by Marlin