SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Good luck to all the SAU peeps heading down and competing in WP.

Oh an Liam (bazil) can't believe what a small world it is....your old man drove me and the family around in NSW last weekend :) Got talking and he mentioned he was heading down for the event and drove a GTR with you.

I know! lol

But but, she won't be back, gorne too far now to turn back! lol

I'll just have to lease Savman's off him for an assault on team Newton/"FIGJAM" :P Although, reading through Sav's build thread, it does appear that car is trying just a little too hard, would rather turn up with a daily driver with a cage :)

:P

ye gods. focker friendships have been killing our rural cousins for decades now. I'm unlucky enough to have been in one before. never again. do they still make all the passengers launch the thing flinstone style down the runway for take off?

I am on the list mate - you just aren't looking far enough down it. :)

It seems the Blue car with a busted upper control arm was still faster than this new car is! LOL

I might have to follow Rickards path and get an EMO. Seems to have worked for him.

Kel has come home 4th again, a big step above strapped into an ambulance but still not the podium she was looking for. I imagine she is taking it out on the Targa Bar right about now. Wonder if she will lose her phone, or her shoes, or both this time?

seems emos were the thing to have in GTR class (EM) this time around. Good to see Ayres' rebuilt 400R come home 3rd though

Modern:

White Lambo alphabet

Glenney rx8 (must drop by mazda and buy an rx8 turbo, they must be special)

Quinn r35

EM:

Newton Emo

Paris Emo

Ayres 400r

Showroom

Reeves Mazda3

De Britt Astra Turbo

Dodd Mx5

Classic

Who cares since skylines were banned

Liam were you 847? If so well done on getting through in 1 piece :D

Well I made it - just! LOL

I have to say that event just isn't kind to me. If I ever think of doing it again someone remind me not too.

I *think* we are finally getting somewhere with the car but is hard to tell as with the extra speed we found after playing with the shocks we found an electrical gremilin that meant we kept blowing ignition fuses. They were going at really high G load situations. And it's fun at 160km/hr when you suddenly lose all power I can tell you right now. Finding the cause will probably be even more fun. So was having to drive with out all of my electronic talent as I stole fuses from places to put back into the ignition location.

Shows just how awesome that Wooster guy must be! :)

But the couple of clean runs we did have put us back in the top mix on those stages. So we have 8 weeks til the big one and I am feeling better about its chances now than I was Saturday lunch-time. And I was also really pleased to see Ayres get his mojo back on the Sunday too after a few tweaks. As I was beginning to think we all needed to get rid of the GT-R's and follows Rickards path down EMO land!

Thanks Jack.

Initially no - they made no difference at all. But that doesn't mean they aren't going to be better than what I had - infact I am sure they will be.

But it seems that the problem was in the bump setting on the shocks. They were both fully closed off which meant the car had no bump at all.

This meant the car had no lean in on turn in and kept the back sliding around the whole time.

We have only initially changed this setting from full hard to right in the middle but I reckon with some more tweaks we can get it bang on. The back I think needs to go further softer still. Unlike the old Teins we ran these MCA's make MASSIVE differences when you play with the clickers. I'm not sure who set them all to full hard but the guys who were helping me out with the advice on what to look for (Steve Glenney and Dean Herridge) both laughed when I told them where they were set too.