SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Yep all barring, the car does ok at Rally Tas end of the month.

Why you looking for a victim to sit in your silly seat?

Na just wondering. Damo is going to be my nav

haha Trav and the GT-R will have their work cut out, both are listed next to Dad and I. I think there is a few busy navigators in the list at the moment

I think he's pushing shit uphill to get it there, i'll take of pic of it when I go out to my car tonight. But it's just a bare shell, with the cage installed (only was finished on the weekend).

My guess is that the old faithfull N1 will be pulled out a week before the event, and have brakes tyres and oil thown at it.

I wish we could here our intercom because you'd here Matt tell me "Don't try and race him" HAHAHAHAHA - yeah right!

To which you replied to me "Nah... I'm not!". haha - lying bastard! What would your wife say if I didn't at least 'try' to keep the red mist at bay. ;)

Great to meet ya Matt! Shame you couldn't hang around longer Sunday night..... I was under strict instructions to mess you up! :P lol

Haha, good to meet you too mate. I'm sorry I missed the after party, but my one remaining kidney probably isn't! Ended up having a few with Newton/Paris etc on the boat instead.

Roy can at least be satisfied that he has 'people' out there willing to do his his dirty work.

Looks like I'm going to have to do some hard core training at the pub leading up to Tas. y'know.. to stay in drinking shape. ;)

:O mannn that was fast/sketchy! Makes my footage seem really boring...

Dad and I had a fun weekend, got down to Devonport, drove to Hobart, went through doc & scrutineering then recce'd the first day's stages before drivers briefing. Left straight after that and finished the 2nd day's stages just before dark.

Car ran fine however started to shudder under brakes half way through every stage from about the 2nd or 3rd stage. Same thing happened on the 2nd day at High Country so we had the disc's runout checked then machined (wasn't far out) and replaced the steering rack bushings, caster bushings, wheel bearings, brake pads and had the wheels balanced but still the same problem so we are back to the drawing boards to work out what it is :/

Anyway here's a vid i put together of the Oyster Cove 1 stage

Did anyone think the stop point for Oyster Cove was a little close to the TF?