SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

That would be our black Skyline which my lovely wife was running at the event (car 832). She was going very well until the motor started to miss Saturday afternoon, finally dieing first stage Sunday. Not sure on the problem yet but heaps of blue smoke from exhaust and oil breather, so maybe piston/rings etc.

Any suggestions on pistons etc for the rebuild from those here smarter than me? I think pistons and a 1mm overbore are now allowed in EM rules? The block is genuine N1 (24U) so hopefully rods and crank are ok?

Many thanks to Adam Spence and the Mazda boys for taking the car back up the Island, and all the other rally people for their help on and off the boat etc.

cheers

paul

there's your problem. everyone that gets #832 has trouble. Right TT?

Thats a lie, I spotted a TBSM.com sticker on the rear quarter window :P

Ahhh yes forgot about those, well if you want to be anal there are two tow stickers on the car too and our names on the window. Blue triangles are on magnets and taped down :thumbsup:

All john says is "f**king giveittoerr!!!"

not quite right savman, big John is a bit of a churchy so he prefer's flopp'n or flip'n, ya don't hear the proper F bomb till your in the bar with him at around 2am....

Ahhh yes forgot about those, well if you want to be anal there are two tow stickers on the car too and our names on the window. Blue triangles are on magnets and taped down :thumbsup:

yep i remember the car, nice and clean but the one thing that stuck with me is, the mint pair of oakley frogskin's the driver was running for the weekend........:thumbsup:

That would be our black Skyline which my lovely wife was running at the event (car 832). She was going very well until the motor started to miss Saturday afternoon, finally dieing first stage Sunday. Not sure on the problem yet but heaps of blue smoke from exhaust and oil breather, so maybe piston/rings etc.

Any suggestions on pistons etc for the rebuild from those here smarter than me? I think pistons and a 1mm overbore are now allowed in EM rules? The block is genuine N1 (24U) so hopefully rods and crank are ok?

Many thanks to Adam Spence and the Mazda boys for taking the car back up the Island, and all the other rally people for their help on and off the boat etc.

cheers

paul

You know you have teh coolest wife ever right Paul?

Hope the run to Targa Tas is not too painful

Ron Jeremy = hairy fooker???? :)

YT and I were recce'ing a tricky section, and couldn't work out a way to call the notes quite right, so figured a bit of "Left 4.5 immediate Ron Jeremey" would remind him of the section :) .... Gosh I wish I was there to hear Big John read it..... LMFAO

RonJeremy.jpg

Its either that or it was a big balls section!

Mind you - looking at his in-car every bloody corner was a big balls section! :)

But I have used random phrases or terms for some corners or sections in the past so I remember them.

Nothing as unique as Ron Jeremy - but I did use Cartmans "Respect My Authority!" phrase to note the start of the skinny section of Merseylea.

glass is in today, should be driving on the road on the weekend. Aim to enter the hill climb on the 12th Feb for the start of testing

am trying to chase sponsers though...which isn't easy when you don't have a car to show off.

yep i remember the car, nice and clean but the one thing that stuck with me is, the mint pair of oakley frogskin's the driver was running for the weekend........:thumbsup:

Haha they are a little bright you could say...

Going to put the entry in for high country soon to secure a spot, it's still so far away though.

You know you have teh coolest wife ever right Paul?

Hope the run to Targa Tas is not too painful

And there I was thinking I was the cool one in the relationship...

It is going to be very busy now till Targa, hopefully the car will be back early next week and we can get it apart quickly and find out why it happened? General consensus seems to be fuel surge? We have a couple of broken rear shocks to sort out too, and only 6 weeks and the car is back on the way to Tassy!

New's just to hand EM has a new competitor, Peter O'Keefe of black Torana fame (car 636)

he has just bought the X White Hot R34 GTR road car, and is currently getting it ready for an

all out attack on Targa 2011, will be intresting to see if his driving style suit's the GTR,

or will it run out of tyre's.....

Thought's???????!!!!!!!!!

Interesting that he bought the old road car rather than the old race car which is up for sale again.

But it'll be good to have another GT-R on board. Those pesky EMO's are getting far too cocky in EM now.