SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

glass is in today, should be driving on the road on the weekend. Aim to enter the hill climb on the 12th Feb for the start of testing

am trying to chase sponsers though...which isn't easy when you don't have a car to show off.

Ben, I'm guessing that your old man's car is at Pete's in Lonny?

Saw one very very similar there on Monday after TWP while we dropped off a couple of cars for some 'lovin' prior to Rally Tas.

Interesting that he bought the old road car rather than the old race car which is up for sale again.

But it'll be good to have another GT-R on board. Those pesky EMO's are getting far too cocky in EM now.

yeah bought the road car cheap, big John told him a price in the wee hour's of monday moring after TWP!!!, he may of had the Big John eye's on..:whistling:

couldn't afford the 100K for the racer, so got the roady and will in his word's build it the way he want's it over time, but want's to run it at TT this year,

so it's off getting caged at the moment, then off to Pro Automotive for a pre TT overhaul...

while on pissed talk, Big John also offered Greg Garwood the old Lambo, as there's a new one on the way........

Ben, I'm guessing that your old man's car is at Pete's in Lonny?

Saw one very very similar there on Monday after TWP while we dropped off a couple of cars for some 'lovin' prior to Rally Tas.

Na Dad's car is out at his own workshop. I know the one your talking about though

PJ will be interesting to watch in the GT-R. He wasn't startenly quick in YT's old evo

Edited by sav man

Some incar from Pelverata where we lost our comms AND had to deal with a dog running on stage (see if you can spot when). Apologies in advance for the crappy audio but the reason should be obvious! And if you're not seeing it from that in car, you should be able to see how hard Matilda was still driving the stage from the commentary at the end ;)

Some incar from Pelverata where we lost our comms AND had to deal with a dog running on stage (see if you can spot when). Apologies in advance for the crappy audio but the reason should be obvious! And if you're not seeing it from that in car, you should be able to see how hard Matilda was still driving the stage from the commentary at the end ;)

Hey Kel, if you keep yelling like that you will end up with Torana voice, like mine.

yeah bought the road car cheap, big John told him a price in the wee hour's of monday moring after TWP!!!, he may of had the Big John eye's on..:whistling:

couldn't afford the 100K for the racer, so got the roady and will in his word's build it the way he want's it over time, but want's to run it at TT this year,

so it's off getting caged at the moment, then off to Pro Automotive for a pre TT overhaul...

while on pissed talk, Big John also offered Greg Garwood the old Lambo, as there's a new one on the way........

That GTR is a GOOD thing! We were lucky enough to use is for recce in TT2007 when we were running the "race GTR", and that roady was a really nice thing :)

I hope it wasn't too cheap,... lol seems I never got Big John drunk enough :)

Hey Kel, if you keep yelling like that you will end up with Torana voice, like mine.

Reckon I'd like to see your incar of lost comms Benny

JASE!!!!!! I didn't realise you were lurking on here!

I actually said to someone that I was going for your voice with that effort ;)

That GTR is a GOOD thing! We were lucky enough to use is for recce in TT2007 when we were running the "race GTR", and that roady was a really nice thing :)

I hope it wasn't too cheap,... lol seems I never got Big John drunk enough :)

Got it for very low 30's Woo, bit of a steal i recon!!!

would have bought it myself if i could have got it that cheap...

Got it for very low 30's Woo, bit of a steal i recon!!!

would have bought it myself if i could have got it that cheap...

Geez, a young Mr Benson was trying to sell it to us around midnight for mid $40's! Seems we either hadn't had enough to drink at that stage or aren't in the know?

A pretty good thing though apparently, already has motec and other goodies?

Yeah I remember that one Timmy :)

Low 30's is a steal! Motec'd etc, nice straight car, no hits, genuine low kays. Iwt needs a lot spent to become a race car, but its a nice base!

I'm a little suprised he went for a 34 GTR though, the word was he was very keen on Giant's R35 now it's had a full front to back refresh, with all the later series upgrades etc. fact: I'm so used to seeing PJ in Aussie cars, I'll struggle to understand him coming over to the dark side.

Good for Early Modern though, more entries in it will help, and I see it as a really gaining popularity over the next few years :)

Geez, a young Mr Benson was trying to sell it to us around midnight for mid $40's! Seems we either hadn't had enough to drink at that stage or aren't in the know?

A pretty good thing though apparently, already has motec and other goodies?

haha, call it margin paul!

have got a pallet of parts arriving for the 34 this week. will be a great car come targa time.

got an email to say my rx-7 finally hit the road for a quick test on friday!

now the question is do we have time to get all the motec gear setup or just put a pfc on it for the boys to run targa tas... either way i'm looking forward to getting it on the track for a quick testing play and woo has sparked my interest in having a run at eastern creek time attack, as i hear twin turbos and e85 can do some half reasonable numbers. steve at just jap has offered up a car to get my eye in on that track prior so no many excuses left!