SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Benson's ignoring my calls and emails..... so i think it will likely be my first targa no-show in seven years.

I have a 1988 Corolla SR5, it's yours if you rally it LOL.

would only take us two or so days to "prep" it.

Change f**ked CV

Change f**ked shocks

Glue down dash mat.

Add TRD sticker.

lol.... well, I have it now!

I probably won't stick it in right away as I'm severly lacking in motivation these days, but it's there if I decide to.

you should have just bungged another wrecker motor in and kept racing. it gets depressing thinking that you could be out there racing but cbf rebuilding a whole car.

mines beenabout 9 months the seccond time around. id rater a going car in my shed any day.

you should have just bungged another wrecker motor in and kept racing. it gets depressing thinking that you could be out there racing but cbf rebuilding a whole car.

mines beenabout 9 months the seccond time around. id rater a going car in my shed any day.

That was the plan initially, but the wrecker motor I bought turned out not so flash, so decided to rebuild one from two. It hasn't been expensive, I've just had a lack of room, and as you know, pushing dead cars around soon becomes annoying and they go under a cover.

That Corrolla SR5 sounds well wicked..... the AWD is it's saviour, could give those dirty Emos a run I reckon!

quick up date on the rx-7 - the cost of the motec has now exceeded the purchase price of the car and it's not nearly finished yet!

...looks flash though, and thats the main thing!

Closey would know, I heard he LOVES rock hard......... oh, never mind.

Followed the tug boat captain[i know but its all the same] on a few transport stages when he had that VW. He was only on the road when he hit it... I remember at 150kph watching and saying to the Dr. dont think I would like to try to hustle in one of 'em.

Would like to get someone on the shox we run in the cup car[when on D03] for Targa. Travel, droop, and all things unheard of...

Couple of things to watch for, One is a great little incar gadget that lets other cars know when you stop on a stage - cant wait for that to be incorporated. I makes a Rally Safe.

Dunlop has a new tyre for club guys on the horizon too... Less $$$ with out a huge drop in performance.

Not long now...

Hey BW. You can always come and give me a hand with service. No money, but would be good craik.

TT

On other news our Gravel EVO 9 is back from getting tuned at MPC. just fiddly bits to do now before first round on the 19th.

Making some good power considering its running a restrictor. Antilag and Launch are very phat too :P Im actually scared to think how quick it will be on gravel comeing from a sprinkler!

Almost looking more forward to running in it than Targa!

Ah, you in with the fish f*>(er lol. I did a dash blank so he could plug up that hole... something about previous owner and hair dryer??? ;)

TT

Dunlop has a new tyre for club guys on the horizon too... Less $$$ with out a huge drop in performance.

TT

Only 1 sec a lap slower than d03's round Symmons I hear. should be good for club sprint at superlap.

Bring some CCTV gear to monitor your cars at night people. If SMAUG needs parts your cars WILL be stripped in a beer fueled haze of shenanigans! :) Meh, even if it doesn't need parts its always fun emptying a catch can under someone elses car only to see that car's owner sh1t themselves and spend hours trying to find the leak before "attempting" to turn over their car :)

Only 1 sec a lap slower than d03's round Symmons I hear. should be good for club sprint at superlap.

Well I was going to wait till Dunlop at least got the test report/data

That was the plan initially, but the wrecker motor I bought turned out not so flash, so decided to rebuild one from two. It hasn't been expensive, I've just had a lack of room, and as you know, pushing dead cars around soon becomes annoying and they go under a cover.

That Corrolla SR5 sounds well wicked..... the AWD is it's saviour, could give those dirty Emos a run I reckon!

192994_10150157076240490_570755489_8645412_6942611_o.jpg

Yes, It definitely has the racing pedigree over pretty much anything out there ! LOL.

Look as it sits their majestically !

quick up date on the rx-7 - the cost of the motec has now exceeded the purchase price of the car and it's not nearly finished yet!

...looks flash though, and thats the main thing!

i always miss you, anyhow. talk to you at targa.

im not suprised with the motec pricing. im surely going to upset a few people but in my actual experiance with motec i dont personly like them. im just a hater thoe.

i think bens going to cage out my 4 door to run targa now. its heaps nicer, comfy and quieter than the race car.