SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Bring some CCTV gear to monitor your cars at night people. If SMAUG needs parts your cars WILL be stripped in a beer fueled haze of shenanigans! :) Meh, even if it doesn't need parts its always fun emptying a catch can under someone elses car only to see that car's owner sh1t themselves and spend hours trying to find the leak before "attempting" to turn over their car :)

And that's exactly the kind of dedication we're looking for... glad you have you on board big fella! And yes, I realise I am at least half a bottle of Jack's is debt.. I'll try and make it up this time around....

999 is on!

Greggy, where's ya Cup car? :P

LOL will be on the way back from Wakefield Park... If you knew just how horrid they are to drive on the road. Besides Octagon has a fleet of M's I believe - sure trouncing one of them will be OK. Can you please put in a good word for me, would like to do that job before I hand my d'licence in. ;)

Duncan - everyone cuts corners, some more than others. Besides those short wheel based evo's are a bit more fiesty than the sweet handling Nissans. ;)

TT

hmm I saw the Stevens emo on a hoist with no engine today.

if they dont get that car back together who will be in charge of cutting corners and bringing crap back onto the course?

dont_cut_corners.jpg

Harden up Princess, it's a Rally, not a circuit race!!!!!!!!!!

How many rallies (tarmac) have been lost due to gravel dragged onto corners? (rhetorical question peeps)

Most times there's a clean line through it anyway and thats where you should be. If not, you deserve to be slow >_<

Not going to get into discussion re the above pic :spank:

How many rallies (tarmac) have been lost due to gravel dragged onto corners? (rhetorical question peeps)

Most times there's a clean line through it anyway and thats where you should be. If not, you deserve to be slow >_<

Not going to get into discussion re the above pic :spank:

Pretty sure that is half way across the top of the sidling... we used to straight line it and since the cut guide lines you have to try and avoid [more dangerous, less fun for spectators and more gravel on the road?]. Our notes still say R2.5in v.imm L4.5 CC.

Think Timmy hit the nail on the head... the early cars cut, the ones following are faced with gravel and sometimes hooking is the safest way thru.

One thing for sure... some of the service vehicles will be doing the biggest cuts. [shortcuts ;)]

TT

i always miss you, anyhow. talk to you at targa.

im not suprised with the motec pricing. im surely going to upset a few people but in my actual experiance with motec i dont personly like them. im just a hater thoe.

i think bens going to cage out my 4 door to run targa now. its heaps nicer, comfy and quieter than the race car.

will bring them to the event... by the end of the week you'll no doubt double your money!

i'm not suprised on the pricing either in honesty, but i wanted all the logging so happy to cop the expense as all that info will produce savings in the long run.

called into symmons plains on the way home yesterday to get inspired by targa class again... roll on basky!

Well Damo and I did about 2500km worth of recce over the long weekend. Lots of flood damage on the north west, Gunns planes has had the start and finish points remarked, and is only about 1/2 the lenth. The first bridge is gone, and there is a fair bit of land slide damage later in the stage. Rianna has a few hundred meters of gravel, and there is plenty of large gravel patches on other stages.

Greg: I was told about the perfomance of the new tyre by the Dunlop dealer when I was i there organising my tyres for Targa.

Stu: You going to brush the cobwebs off Perrys car?

Yeah we have obviously just got word that a bunch of stages have been shortened (or have speed controlled sections) - including Gunns being dropped to 4.9kms.

Shame as I really like that stage. I remember passing 4 cars on it last year! LOL

I hate these speed control sections and if its the section of road im thinking of its a fair bit of gravel as the Natone stage of RT was shortened to start after the gravel.

it's 1/2 way through, still in the old south rianna, in the narrow bumpy bit that goes into R2 then up a hill.

It's unfortunate, but it's even more unfortunate the councils don't have the money or time to fix these sections after the rain damage.

Act of God. :worship:

moneys probably not as big a issue as having time/ resources. and most of the places that have yet to be repaired are in remote or back roadish areas so no realy hurry up needed.

i spotted a deep red m35 stag rolling into town with vic plates. thought it mite of been a reccy car?