SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Is it an Ev...................................

............................. oops, sorry, fell to sleep.

Evo?

Nah you could probably buy 4 or 5 Evo's for the price of this one

Paul Summers old thing?

Nah, just a CS (not that there is a huge difference as the CS has an RS box and clutch)... never seen the track or anything just some old timer in Brisbane that never let it even see 8,000rpm!

So, here's our 999 jigger! lol

Triumph TR8.... Eddy has driven it, reckons is goes good and turn 'em in 3rd and 4th! lol, I'll believe that when I see it :)

But, 400 odd horse, under a ton, and revs over 8k. So I reckon it's a bit of alright, especially with a TT fuel card :D

Should be a bit of fun at spectator points and town stages I hope!

TR81.jpg

TR82.jpg

Nice on Timmy.

JA sent me some footage during the week of his last TT with Greg in his Dak Dak and the most noticable thing from the footage is just how awesomely usable those cars are for this stuff. It has to be a good thing. I'm still suprised no-one has gone back and tried one of the new updated TT's as I still reckon they'd be a winner in the right hands. (Because surely by now someone has figured out the electronics!)

Well Gav bought the new car (shock horror)... SO exciting times, but not till after Targa.

I heard today that this one is moving garages after Targa, maybe just a coincidence?

http://www.my105.com...084&exfeature=1

EDIT: should have read further, obviously not this car

I am getting old...

Edited by poolheaters

I reckon you'd be doing REALLY well to get the "Showroom" Golf R anywhere near the Sshowroom" Evos that are pumping out in the vicinity of 240AWKW!

really? even in production cars the emo X are quicker in a straight line than the 290RWKW v8s....