SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Any news stu on the GPS tracking you had planned? Will it be implemented this year?

When we were doing recce we met the guy calibrating the start and finish points for the gps trackers. They sound like a really good thing

Here is the old one.....You dont get a good appreciation for the speed but allegedly its around 250....and this guy wondered why he kept braking gearboxes....

yikes! he is definitely gunning for the hardest, fastest gear change award! a little mechanical sympathy can go a long way...

Any news stu on the GPS tracking you had planned? Will it be implemented this year?

yep it's all go and it's very cool!

i tapped out a summary of it in the eNews that should hit your inbox this arvo.

Is it true that Targa is going back to cams? Rumers are floating round it is?

I heard it was a done deal, because the SA goverment won't allow Classic Adelaide to run under AASA..

so it'll be all Targa's rule's and Reg's (ie AASA), but overseen by CAMS...

Just what i heard.........:whistling: and i hear thing's....

Gotta love a good rumor in this game.

Heard today that TW has made the jump already to EM in the EMO 7.

Will add to the fun if it's true!

Shame we can't get Mike Pritchard to change his rear wing and join along too.

^^^ I always wondered about that. I thought it would have to be a plated 2002 car. But if not, there would be nothing stopping you putting a VII front and rear bar, wing and bonnet on a IX and calling it an EM car. Just a question of if the car has to actually be manufactured pre dec 2002 or if it just has to be built to the spec of the pre dec 2002 car.

yep it's all go and it's very cool!

i tapped out a summary of it in the eNews that should hit your inbox this arvo.

I have yet to see this eNews, but would love to if you haven't got much going on...

From my understanding of the rules you just need the car to meet the specs of the car you say you are running. (I mean my car isn't an N1 but it runs under N1 specs. N1's were built in 2001 - my car was built in 99 but consequently runs as a 2001 car not a 99 car)

So for the 996 GT3 it had a different rear wing in 2002 than 2004 but was otherwise essentially the same. So its the wing that needs to change for it to run in 2002 spec.

For the EMO is a fair bit different between a series 7 and 9 other than just the bonnet and front bar!

yeah don't think you could run a emo 9 as a 02 7 model simply because the chassis changed a bit. in fact I'm not sure the rules work that way at all. I think it has to be pre 02 first, and then you can do stuff like run a non N1 GTR as an N1. plus that's also an upgrade. not sure for example that they would let you downgrade a late model GT3 to an earlier one even if they are both 996 models. but it's an interesting idea, if you can in fact run say an 04 model 996 as an 02 model with 02 bits on it. there were a few changes to the GT3s even over the 996 model life, not a lot though. I know a shitload changed in the 996 cup cars over their life. we were forever updating the fking thing to the current years spec to keep it competitive.

I think the EMO VII to IX is the same chassis (CT9A) but the IX has mivec engine, ali roof, improvements to the electronic talent etc that the VII never had.

The clear cut way would be you need to have a car plated within the age group specified, and then you can mod it to the best spec available for that model/age like N1 for the GTR and RS for the EMO's. Allow you to start with a more affordable or easier to buy starting platform and go from there.

In theory yes.

However they have banned "specials" in the Modern competition and the Z Tune is a 2005 model technically - so wouldn't be allowed.

You're only allowed to build super special cheater spec cars in Early Modern..... because for some reason thats ok.

Sadly, no one has built a super cheater spec evo VI that I know of. :(

There were the extremes in the UK, but they actually werent that special...

Z tunes give me a chubby. :)

This is the one you were going to build wasnt it Snowy??

http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0701_turp_nissan_skyline_gtr_r34/index.html

Edited by Darkside

LOL - yeah that thing would give outright a crack I reckon!

But there is NO point in building something like that for EM because as soon as someone with actual driving talent does it and smokes everyone the rules will change again and it will get (rightfully) banned. And then you have just wasted a whole stack of cash.

yeah would be nice to run a attkd super cheater R34 with HKS 2.8 engine, V-cam, 2530s, hollinger sequential and all the other bits. no doubt it would be an absolute gun, but like snowy said, once someone who can really steer got one the protests would be heard far and wide. cars like that are just not in the spirit of the thing in my opinion. once you let cars like it in (and i know they have) where do you stop? what's to stop me running a "Cyber super special model Evo"? 1000kg or less, 600hp, plenty of aero etc. would be pretty rapid on tarmac I reckon if it can lap eastern creek in 1 min 30 flat on semis.

yeah would be nice to run a attkd super cheater R34 with HKS 2.8 engine, V-cam, 2530s, hollinger sequential and all the other bits. no doubt it would be an absolute gun, but like snowy said, once someone who can really steer got one the protests would be heard far and wide. cars like that are just not in the spirit of the thing in my opinion. once you let cars like it in (and i know they have) where do you stop? what's to stop me running a "Cyber super special model Evo"? 1000kg or less, 600hp, plenty of aero etc. would be pretty rapid on tarmac I reckon if it can lap eastern creek in 1 min 30 flat on semis.

I'de give that fancy floor they use about 2 stages of life though :D