SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

oh it's been a loooong 48 hours. I ran a big end bearing on the way to scrutenering. Damo offered the engine out of his 4 door (it's already done 2 Targa's through recce). We rounded up some mates and went to work, had to strip the throttle setup, water pump and timing belt off my engine, and put it on Damo's. By 1:00 the new engine was together, and Damo and I were the last standing. We installed the engine and box, and by 4:30 the engine was running. I got home at 5:00, got 1.5 hours sleep, and then got the car to the dyno for the check up.... lost some power, but the engine is safe.

bad luck done with!

197934_10150162465172188_294211207187_6656839_6662507_n.jpg

car 723 of mr savman and i have had trying times.

we had to do an engine swap last night and finished at 5am. 7am it was on the dyno. fair to say we had no sleep.

id also like to thank all the people that offer their assistance and or parts. grately apreciated

and also to all the people that came up to ben and i at the prolog to talk about the car.

car 723 of mr savman and i have had trying times.

we had to do an engine swap last night and finished at 5am. 7am it was on the dyno. fair to say we had no sleep.

id also like to thank all the people that offer their assistance and or parts. grately apreciated

and also to all the people that came up to ben and i at the prolog to talk about the car.

Damo and Ben have done a awesome job. Looking at the engine bay your would not tell it has been apart. The car sounded great and did a nice skid into the libary :thumbsup:

Good luck 4 today guys

oh it's been a loooong 48 hours. I ran a big end bearing on the way to scrutenering. Damo offered the engine out of his 4 door (it's already done 2 Targa's through recce). We rounded up some mates and went to work, had to strip the throttle setup, water pump and timing belt off my engine, and put it on Damo's. By 1:00 the new engine was together, and Damo and I were the last standing. We installed the engine and box, and by 4:30 the engine was running. I got home at 5:00, got 1.5 hours sleep, and then got the car to the dyno for the check up.... lost some power, but the engine is safe.

bad luck done with!

197934_10150162465172188_294211207187_6656839_6662507_n.jpg

Yes !!!

+ 10 points for awesome colour scheme !

:P

Gosh it was fun to be back in it today! :)

Congrats Snowy on a 2nd place!!

I'm sure a lot of the credit goes to the R32 driver (well actually owner is more descript) sitting next to you :P

You do us old Datto Owners proud :thumbsup:

So, back in sunnt Queensland and already missing TT! :)

I had a great time this year, very proud of how all my SAU mates went, we have some real talent aboard this forum :D

Great to catch up with service crews too, always excellent to see you Greg :)

I have a renewed vigour to return next year, just need work to allow me.