SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

If you're a Ford man what about a Sierra XR8. Something a bit different..

Or to carry on from this previous thought, if you want something completely different, what about a Rover Ventura? Rover SDI with about 2 foot cut out of the middle and a 350 Chev chucked in the front?

One for sale right now...(I think the rand is about 7:1!) http://www.junkmail....427QYEdQX201107

My South African mate is trying to remember more of their oddities, but to quote him "it was alot of beers ago".

post-42431-0-52768000-1306141414_thumb.jpg

Finally seem to have the ability to reply - woohoo!  Had all sorts of trouble with my iPad and this forum, but found a cool app that seems to work... Sort of...

So I wanted to stop this nefarious rumour The Woo is trying to spread .... It seems that merely enquiring after another's interest in an event constitutes entry (if only this were true).  Boy I had a lot of explaining to do to my husband (pool heaters)

The closest i will get to being at Classic Adelaide (or any other event in the foreseeable future)  is if Kel takes up my offer to be her groupie .... And even that's not looking so good right now - I hear I need to slay her other groupies to be considered at all, as she has set up a master chef / DWTS elimination style process

(now counter-rumoured, my work here is done)

Mel

I might end up a groupie myself Mel - I've offered to run as part of a package deal with a Just Jap car if it makes it down there so will see what happens ;)

bummer snowy. it was your ultimate 34 after all the stuff you learnt with the builds you did on the blue car. seems pretty fair on price for a very freshly built and very competitive 34. it's only really been completed for what 6 months or so? most people getting the chance to buy a full built car are looking at ones that have done a good few years of comp and really need a overhaul.

the real question is then what are you going to replace it with? super lambo? is there any use in a GT3 or 911 turbs these days? I would think a 997 turbs would be a good thing with awd and bags of power and torque. tyres maybe be an issue though but jim seemed to manage ok over the years.

or is a full on R35 GTR the go? maybe vspec or the RC spec etc?

either way I hope it goes well for you mate. greatly envious of whoever buys the 34. not bad to buy into a car that can run up the front in EM for $70K. and still rego'd so you can drive your mum to the shops in it too.

bummer snowy. it was your ultimate 34 after all the stuff you learnt with the builds you did on the blue car. seems pretty fair on price for a very freshly built and very competitive 34. it's only really been completed for what 6 months or so? most people getting the chance to buy a full built car are looking at ones that have done a good few years of comp and really need a overhaul.

the real question is then what are you going to replace it with? super lambo? is there any use in a GT3 or 911 turbs these days? I would think a 997 turbs would be a good thing with awd and bags of power and torque. tyres maybe be an issue though but jim seemed to manage ok over the years.

or is a full on R35 GTR the go? maybe vspec or the RC spec etc?

either way I hope it goes well for you mate. greatly envious of whoever buys the 34. not bad to buy into a car that can run up the front in EM for $70K. and still rego'd so you can drive your mum to the shops in it too.

The problem with the Turbo's is the TCM and PASM does not switch completely off. Even when off, they still interject. Porsches stance on this is it is not a motorsport car, thats what the GT3/2 is for.

Jim said it was dangerous when you pushed it hard, any amount of slip in the rear and the Engine would cut out. and I remember Tony Alford/Tony Quinn both got 997 Turbo's prior to R35's and both said the same thing aswell, and that Porsche was not interested at all in reprogramming and/or disabling the TCM/PASM.

The biggest issue with the 997TT is that it will basically set you back double the cost for similar performance of an R35.

Would be an awesome car no doubt - but the sums don't add up IMO.

^^^ Good luck with your sale Snowflakes. As said, the price seems to compare well with the other tarmac 34's, and your has all the best kit on it and is a proven performer.

EMO is sold at my end. Gets picked up today. Was obviously too cheap. ;) Time out for a little while but will probabaly follow a different path to Snowy and head to classic with something from Japan. Would love to try modern in a 35 but just dont have the wallet. I do like Stu's suggestion of the moffat spec group c 13b turbo RX7. With the freedoms of MS you should have a pretty light and powerful car on your hands. And they dont look half bad with the flares and front and rear treatment.

Targa Wrestpoint was on TV last Friday, and EM actually got a some coverage :O . The proper Targa doco is on this Friday, so I'll be interested to see what it's like.