SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

hahah you obviously know pete!

Steve has always been very helpful, he gave Mark and I heaps of advice when we were first building our cars about 7 years ago. It's definately a passion not a business for him, and he also supports pretty much every person running a skyline in targa with advice/cheap parts/support at the rally etc. Great bloke.

And Kel is Kel. Navigator extroadinaire....but she has bitches to prepare cars for her ;)

Heya DUNCAN,

Hehehee, I get along alright with Pete, he lives 5min up the road :P

I might have to go for a drive to JustJap one day, buy some bits and get into his head ;)

Kel has bitches? Wicked... I need bitches, maybe I can learn from her?

I might require her navigation hook ups in a year or so! None of my mates are keen to nav for me... Pussies.

Mark :)

Thanks MARLIN :)

2PEE, the shire?! People actually live down there??

Thanks but no thanks on the rotor thing. I couldn't bring myself to wreck the RX3, that's the only reason I sold it after owning her for 13+yrs!

If I put the 32 on it's lid, I wont be happy but I wont cry either. The RX3 was my baby, the 32R is my skanky little track whore...

How far out west we talking? Like Parramatta or Orange? I'm always up for a chat with anyone who knows their shit :thumbsup:

Mark :)

Basically Richmond hinterland.....if it can be that upmarket, phone can be at best iffy to catch him. He is currently putting back together one of the GTRs group A, 90s era competitors. The homologation dept must have been working overtime on that bugger trying to stop the Nissan juggernaut, as I doubt there's a standard casting in the whole thing from head to block to mag sump.

This bloke's soul brother is on here frequently, should be able to tell you no, no and no to any clarifications you seek, slip him a few bucks - and he can make any rule you want.....

joking!

You weren't in the lower car park in 2010?

Heya 2PEE :)

That'd be cool to look over an old skool GrpA GTR. Does he regular SAU? Wouldn't mind popping him a PM and see if he's up for a chat.

No need to make rules to suit. I've scrutineered for CAMS long enough to see many different 'rule interpretations' :thumbsup:

Pic of the RX7:

RE-Xtreme_TargaTas_10p7a.jpg

Mark!

and he also supports pretty much every person running a skyline in targa with advice/cheap parts/support at the rally etc. Great bloke.

I just laughed coffee out of my nose!

anyways...

I remember the RX7 though Mark - did pretty well from memory. Did it win the Cat 7 prologue trophy this year?

I remember that RX7, beat us by 19secs to the 7MS catagory win. Didn't know till the trophy night, cause i thought catagory was awarded on the first number eg catagory 7

Yeah just don't beat him and his poster boy and you'll be right. :)

Actually - I hear he is giving his poster boy an R35 for next year. It's one of the reasons I'm keen to do the same!

BUT - what he can do for you Mark is tell you how you can run whatever you like in an R32 GT-R and get away with it. His has a 2.8L, big turbo's - the works.

Totally - and if I had an R32 GT-R (and the $$$) I'd do the same for sure!

I wonder if that super special thing is going to be allowed under Classic Adelaide regs given that R32 GT-R's are good to go?

I reckon it would be pretty cool if they had have a hyundai/kia cup in targa, minimal mods (IE brakes/suspension/safety equipment etc)

I could really see Marlin in one at the start line "Win it or Bin it!"

This thread has been a consistent delivery of lols, very impressed :D

Thinking i might start to Nav, i don't earn the bucks like you blokes, be a fun way to get into it. Plus I'm a good passenger, especially on dirt roads in WRXs ha ha.

Timmy - Pulse mate, no converter.

Ben - Shoot me through the email again mate, can't find anything.

Mark - Good to hear you ended up in a GT-R... shame you didn't get an RX-7 though!