SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

So is TT even on for you guys now Timmy? It'd be a big call to fork out the $$$ required given the cars recent history.

And yes YT did an awesome job. YT in the HQ v Glenney in the VC v Weeks the VW will be awesome if it goes ahead at Adelaide.

Well he thinks its fixable, I don't... Its now overheated good and proper about 6/7 times with the new engine, its an all alloy motor and plugs look like it was running lean.

It was showing some signs of headgasket, but not 100%. Not milky oil, but it was bubbling from the radiator and the coolant smelt fumey, so I reckon cracked water jacket in exhaust port.

Alloy doesn't like that sorta heat and the old engine was a testament to that.

I have asked for an answer by the end of the week so I can look elsewhere if need be.

Not looking good though, and I cannot afford to keep wasting time away from work for DNF's.

On the positive side YT was AMAZING where I spectated Saturday/Sunday, drifting all the way around the spectator point on Hellyer. You would never think it was a Monaro the way he drove the thing!

Gotta laugh though, it was so short notice getting the Monaro organised and a navigator arranged that at the first service Hodgo was running around asking if anyone had a spare Roadbook or Pacenotes! Lol!

The other really impressive car was the Todd/Tighe Perana, that thing sounded so good going up Stowport Rd (think i have vid). Shame they missed the first stage cos the bloody thing wouldn't start, reckon they would have been up there for sure.

Not entirely sure, he stopped on Hellyer Gorge with a mechanical and had requested a tow truck, but when we drove from Warratah service back through Hellyer he had got it going and made it to Savage. Heard various reports that he had stopped again on Savage, but also heard he had gone off road so not too sure.

Alot of crashes thats for sure this weekend!

So Snowie...its been restored and now the asking price has tripled....shoudl have bought it and been one of the cool kids when it was going cheap

http://cars2.ebay.com.au/1993-Lotus-Esprit-GT300-GT2-LeMans-Race-Car_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ270672966729

http://forsale.classicandperformancecar.com/detail.aspx?ad=19893&d=1627

hell yeah you should ahve bought it!!!!!! you know esprit is just about my favourite car (shame the road going ones are pretty ordinary in the power stakes). where was I when this came up, I would have impersonated you and signed you up before you knew what happened. for your own good of course....

Gearbox failure I'm told, could only get 1st and maybe 6th ?

i was talking to 1 of the guy's from LWR, who help out Quinny

and it had cylinder's 1-3-5, but 2-4-6 must have gotten bored,

because they just disappeared...

but this was my favorite bit of new's for the day

http://www.sportcom....art=0&Itemid=59

go the Dutchy's, got to see talent get the gig over celebrity