SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

I know! It was one of the things I was telling Paris about that sets TT apart from the other rallies. I love walking in there of a morning as you really soaked up the atmosphere.

Yeah exactly.... I remember the first time appo and I walked in there at our first, we just stood and looked for at least half an hour..... we may have had a little tear too. Ok, and maybe held hands for a bit.

It's like a car show, but like no other, as there's 300 odd cars beautifully built and prepped for six days of racing, not just looking pretty.

Edited by Marlin

Its in the newsletter

"One thing that will be missing this year unfortunately is the Silverdome expo. Due to the large fields we

just will not have the room to set up the stadium safely to allow the public in and meet local government

regulations".

Unless I have just read it wrong and they just aren't letting Joe Public in to look?

no traga expo? thats interesting.

was targa fest a yes or no ben?

targa fest was the single best thing targa can do for the public and they binned it due to being money hungry.

Yeah the cars are still at the Silverdome each night, but we're just not doing a public night... instead presenting awards at George Town post stage (Tuesday) so people can check them out, the Devonport Town Stage and also at Targa Fest on Friday night in Launceston City.

The main reason for this is obviously the massive crowds that will demand to see my RX-7 and they will simply tear apart any dirty old Evo, STi or Skyline in the inevitable unruly rush!!

Excellent! Which cars?

Definitely Geoff's Fiat and the Skyline is not confirmed yet.

414 Late Classic Geoff Thomas Colin Bray 1971 FIAT 124 Sport

820 Early Modern Carey Fraser Dean McLardy 1998 Nissan Skyline GTt

Yeah the cars are still at the Silverdome each night, but we're just not doing a public night... instead presenting awards at George Town post stage (Tuesday) so people can check them out, the Devonport Town Stage and also at Targa Fest on Friday night in Launceston City.

The main reason for this is obviously the massive crowds that will demand to see my RX-7 and they will simply tear apart any dirty old Evo, STi or Skyline in the inevitable unruly rush!!

Who's running your RX7?

A couple of guys from Canada (one is a well known jurno over there). They ran the event back in 2001 and have been keen to get back but put off by the spend getting a car out from there, so leasing this car was a much more cost effective option and pretty safe considering the car is pretty much all new or rebuilt.

It's nearly finished, waiting on the rear shocks to come back from being revalved and it's going back to the North West coast tomorrow for final Motec install now it's run in.

Well I completed my final shakedown on the weekend and can say this new car is finally pretty good. We found last week a cracked turbo intake pipe which obviously hasn't been helping! No idea how long that had been there because it hadn't been on a dyno since it was first built. We also have finally got the handling balance right so lets bring on Targa!

Less than a month to go!

:)