SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

it's getting close now, just had my leave approved, and Damo and I will spent the long weekend doing recce.

Had my car out on the track week before last, need to get some time as baskerville to set the suspension up properly though.

who's GC8 you flogging?

Edited by sav man

I'm a fan of not getting arrested. Hence the racetrack, esp this close to Targa the coppas will be on the lookout for Targa recce.

Yeah goes well, very happy with it. I'm surprised how easy it is to drive, the lack of tourqe means it won't spin the wheels unless you clutch it. Got it into the 62's at Symmons, i've put some more boost and timing into it since then. E85 is on the way too.

Great news Ben, how does it go/ Do you like it?

The GC8 is one of Rallyschool's.

What is the go Timmeh?..... engine cactus?

Guru at Fitzgerald's says engine is fine, just head gasket which may have happened when split radiator hose way back at High Country, just wasn't showing up until engine was heat soaked... Find out next weekend when it gets a thrashing.

Cross fingers/Touch wood/pat head/spin around 3 times/throw salt over shoulders.

Otherwise ill let everyone know where the best bonfire is going to happen post Targa!

Well I completed my final shakedown on the weekend and can say this new car is finally pretty good. We found last week a cracked turbo intake pipe which obviously hasn't been helping! No idea how long that had been there because it hadn't been on a dyno since it was first built. We also have finally got the handling balance right so lets bring on Targa!

Less than a month to go!

:)

Good news Snowdaddy! Have we got a confirmed 'crew' yet??

I'm a fan of not getting arrested. Hence the racetrack, esp this close to Targa the coppas will be on the lookout for Targa recce.

Yeah goes well, very happy with it. I'm surprised how easy it is to drive, the lack of tourqe means it won't spin the wheels unless you clutch it. Got it into the 62's at Symmons, i've put some more boost and timing into it since then. E85 is on the way too.

What cops? ours are all in court babysitting criminals. If your smart and recce in a silver falcon, people think you are the cops (as was the case twice during Rally Tas recce!)

i can second that bens new car is easy to drive. its a surprise to us both we havent discovered more faults with it as we are just 2 noobs building a race car from scratch. a few more bits to finish off yet thoe.

if i had of driven at symonds the other weekend i could have nudged a 60. its that easy to drive.

oh and the brakes are unreal for non asisted items.