SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

What cops? ours are all in court babysitting criminals. If your smart and recce in a silver falcon, people think you are the cops (as was the case twice during Rally Tas recce!)

So that was YOU!? Hahah nice

On another note, feeling lucky we aren't using BIGRED for Targa...fingers crossed that's the only engine Handbags does this year :)

So that was YOU!? Hahah nice

On another note, feeling lucky we aren't using BIGRED for Targa...fingers crossed that's the only engine Handbags does this year :)

Yeh lol! Had a couple of ppl spooked!

^^^ Hopefully he puts in a good showing and gets the old girl to the end :)

I'm not prepared to predict his pace, many other big names have come and tried it and been bitten hard. He's done it once before (I think?), so he has a better chance I guess.

Benny and Damo..... fun and easy aren't they :)

How does it compare to your GTR on times Ben? I know it's a totally different thing to drive......

I'm interested to see how Lindsay Stone goes...... you'll remember we ran against him in his Ser 4 RX7 in Townsville Timmy.... he punts that thing well :)

The EM list is a good one...... lots of competition and I wish I was there!

it'll be ric shaw then daylight.

the gtst is about 2 secs a lap off the gtr. But there is still plenty of time to be gained in the gtst, as it's only done about 20 laps, and the gtr has done a couple of 100 laps.

Edited by sav man

On other news our Gravel EVO 9 is back from getting tuned at MPC. just fiddly bits to do now before first round on the 19th.

Making some good power considering its running a restrictor. Antilag and Launch are very phat too :P Im actually scared to think how quick it will be on gravel comeing from a sprinkler!

Almost looking more forward to running in it than Targa!

I'm interested to see how Lindsay Stone goes...... you'll remember we ran against him in his Ser 4 RX7 in Townsville Timmy.... he punts that thing well :)

The EM list is a good one...... lots of competition and I wish I was there!

I'll be swinging for Lindsay so should be a little bit different to sitting in coops gtr.

I'm also curious to see how we go considering Lindsay scored 11th in class at Classic Adelaide 2yrs ago (I think) with a greenhorn navi.

From whispers i've heard up this way there is a few guys coming down to service and spectate...

Might embarrass more than a few.....

walter

hasn't been seen since Mr Wollek's stint??

will be cool to see walter rohrl there but not sure how he goes these days at 65.

I had to laugh at this quote from Jim richards in the same article.

Legend Jim Richards, on the other hand, will be running a brand-spanking 911 GT2 RS.

"I guess for us it's a bit like Walter (Rohrl) in that San Remo Rally," smiles Richards.

"We've got an exceptionally good rear-drive car that is pretty close to being a standard road car and we'll be up against some highly-tuned all-wheel drive cars built to go rallying."

!!! come on jim. standard road car my arse cheek. walter rohrl was driving a porsche agaisnt a factory audi quatro (with more power and more grip). big difference... the GT2 is just about the biggest weapon you can buy for tarmac rally. I don't think the guys in those "all wheel drive racing cars" would see it as an underdog.....

fair credit to jim, he is one of the best touring car drivers ever and one of the bet tarmac rally drivers ever too and has put a lot into getting the best out of those porsches but I'd hardly rate a fully prepped brand new GT2 as being at a disadvantage againt an evo or wrx or even R35.... There would be very few cars out there with as much power and torque as the porsche and plenty would be happy to have it's grip and chassis balance too.

• Like 1

lol... too right, the man is still a legend, but seems could be going a little sour as he ages?

After all, I have it on very good authority that his current GT2 has over 700hp.

will be cool to see walter rohrl there but not sure how he goes these days at 65.

I had to laugh at this quote from Jim richards in the same article.

Legend Jim Richards, on the other hand, will be running a brand-spanking 911 GT2 RS.

"I guess for us it's a bit like Walter (Rohrl) in that San Remo Rally," smiles Richards.

"We've got an exceptionally good rear-drive car that is pretty close to being a standard road car and we'll be up against some highly-tuned all-wheel drive cars built to go rallying."

!!! come on jim. standard road car my arse cheek. walter rohrl was driving a porsche agaisnt a factory audi quatro (with more power and more grip). big difference... the GT2 is just about the biggest weapon you can buy for tarmac rally. I don't think the guys in those "all wheel drive racing cars" would see it as an underdog.....

fair credit to jim, he is one of the best touring car drivers ever and one of the bet tarmac rally drivers ever too and has put a lot into getting the best out of those porsches but I'd hardly rate a fully prepped brand new GT2 as being at a disadvantage againt an evo or wrx or even R35.... There would be very few cars out there with as much power and torque as the porsche and plenty would be happy to have it's grip and chassis balance too.

I think Walter will still go alright!!

What a great sight it will be to see him out there in his old rally SC. Awesome. :worship: