SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

listen to you all... cos RBs are soooo reliable;)

that RX7 is all kinds of awesome... lambo doors are a bit interesting though

compared to a rotor rb's are reliable lol

can't wait to see the new v12 lambo's howling through the forrest

Hmmmm. Have to compare rotor v RB finnishing rates from targa....excluding crashes of course..... :)

^^^ Hearing you on the lambos. Gotta love the fact there are people out there with big enough cheque books to fund blasting through the bush in those things, and the fact that they are actually willing to do it!!

the other downer with rotors is they have less torque than this thread.

You are not wrong...watch the vid of the thing and look at how rough, long it takes to come on power band

...hehehe COOL!

There's boy racer, BS artistes in Japan too, my world will never be the same, 340 odd hp on a 51 weber, ha ha!

Naturally aspirated and revved to reasonable limits, 8~8.5k or so, probably do a decades worth of TT without a prob. The top line IP ones doing 10.5 to 11 to compete with the V8s will probably end up out a couple times a season. Might want to tame the rear end before doing anything serious with a S1-3, unless you like backing it into the trees too.

If you want to indulge in additional blasphemy, an LFA toy-oda, - short on diffs - and tyres will certainly be an obstacle, would definitely be fun bouncing off the limiter.

these things are only as reliable as the prep that goes into them. rush the build or cut corners and stuff will fail... just like any car, but as there's less tolerance with a rotary than any production piston engine, particularly RB20/SR20 as they will live longer while running hot or leaning out for sure, but that’s just a sign of poop prep if you turn up to a serious event with basic problems like that... the performance that’s there to be unlocked with the rotary engines pretty impressive in truth with weight, efficiency and simplicity all being on another level when you compare it to what else was about in say the 70s or 80s... doesn't make me not want to park another GT-R next to my RX-7 again though.

phunky - would go close, especially with that wicked brown interior!... maybe not the doors, but I think that’s a '81 Le Mans kit on it. shame the rest of it is such a heap of shit.

Surely though if you start thinking Grp C lines you should consider the Jimmy Richards ATCC winning car from 85?

3374816206_ff77477a69.jpg

You can get them out of the UK for under $10K. Come standard with a 5 speed and ABS!

Why not a 3.0L CSL Batmobile replica........ shouldn't cost more than a couple of hundred K to build.

Also, why can't I post Photobucket pics here like I used to??

Those 6 series weigh a tonne don't they?

Woo I was reading over the classic rules last night, and you're allowed to widen the track and use bolt group c style bolt on guards. I can't remember the increase allowed, but i'm pretty sure it was a decent figure.

I've been talking to damo about it for a couple of years. He thinks it's dumb, but I think a XJS (with a lot of work) would make a very compeditive classic. Weight is the big problem though