SAU Community

Help Me,my Stag Is Eating Me Alive

southern_tango

I don,t know why but after 3 weeks of having my stagea ,I discoverered that she is using half a tank every week (@ 100 kms) :P what is wrong ?,I'm beeing nice with my right foot,but every timeI fire her up,1 line of petrol goes down ,also every time I reverse ,it's like i need to accelerate because it feels like something is stoping the front end(i'm new in the land of imports & awd) any advise will be absolutely welcome. :laugh:

I have no mods the car is mostly standard

Sounds like something is seriously wrong, as you already know, could be one of many things, even drivetrain going off your comments. So when you are in reverse on flat does it need accel to move ? or in N can you push it ?

Like all imports, get ALL fluids changed (oil,tranny, transfer, R diff, F diff, brake, powersteer, radiator), plugs/filters changed, as most of them would be original Nissan.

Does it idle smoothly ?

I was at my compliancers the other day they change all the fluids so if it was done when they complied it,it should be ok,from what i have read fuel usage in mostly stock cars comes down to not many things,Heavy right foot (already discounted) O2 sensor, overly high A/F ratio causing it to run rich(excessive fuel usage) Try reset the ecu and see if that helps, If all else fails to the tuners you go.Does the car have any electronic gear in it Sitc or Safc. I know my car was supposed to be almost stock but is far from it when it landed with all sorts of electronic crap that i dont know how to use.

like any industry, a few cowboys around, yours sound pretty thorough, stick with them. As for Freddy's problem, like Andy said, O2 sensor as well, get yourself a highflow exhaust+cat, trashing the cat the compliance shop stuck on. But 100km for 1/2 tank sounds pretty major.

What city are you located in ?

Get your driveline issue sorted before the fuel issue because if it's something to do with the ATTESA then it'll be super-expensive if it breaks!

As for your fuel issue, i'd suggest getting the car dyno'ed to see what the AFR's are doing then take appropriate measures from there.

sounds like you may have issues with the front diff (if you are sure the "stopping" is coming from the front)

The easiest way to check this is going to be to slide under the front, take the 4 bolts out of your front driveshaft and remove it. You will lose AWD (obviously) but you will be able to tell straight away if there is a front end problem.

Oh, and +11ty for not trusting compliance shops. There are DEFINATELY too many cowboys in the industry to trust anyone IMO. I could tell you stories that would make your eyes bleed :laugh:

no chance it could be the hand(foot) brake sticking? with ours sometimes you have to pull it out twice to make sure its fully off

or jack the car up in the front and spin the wheels to make sure its not binding.

That was one of my first guessings ,and i did it a couple of times ,on the weekend I will try to jack it and do the other check you tell me.

I live in Narre Warren,near berwick (S.E. subs of Melbourne) If there is somebody on this area ...Do you know any import mechanic around?one you could put your ride on his hands?

My miss is thinking I f**ked again with it :)

That was one of my first guessings ,and i did it a couple of times ,on the weekend I will try to jack it and do the other check you tell me.

I live in Narre Warren,near berwick (S.E. subs of Melbourne) If there is somebody on this area ...Do you know any import mechanic around?one you could put your ride on his hands?

My miss is thinking I f**ked again with it :)

Yeah mate.

Call RE Customs in Springvale/Clayton 9548 3414.

http://www.recustoms.com.au/

I live in Pakenham & take my M35 there (they did my Hiflow turbo) and they are pretty bloody cluey.

They do ALOT of work on Nissan imports and know their stuff.

Good guys as well. Small outfit that take pride in what they do.

Ray is the owner there, but I have mainly have Michael & Brad working on my car.... Really good blokes.

Edited by iamhe77

hi freddy welcome to the stagea site, nothing much worse than the 'missus' telling you your a d/head, but things should improve if you listen to the boy's( well most of them),your stagea even with a shitty std exhaust and running sweet should return approx 240km for 1/2 tank(with good system & supporting mods ie panel filter, safc etc you will get consumption better than that). have a good search it's all been discussed heaps, you will find most of the answers here somewhere, goodluck.

ps did you buy the car off someone from here?