SAU Community

Help Me Decide Which Turbos For A Street/track Setup Gtr

are u looking at running the baffle mod in the factory pipe as well?

u getting any shuffle/surge on light throttle under low revs?

best way test it, 50kmh in 4th then flatten the throttle

I do get the choo choo. Not interested in the baffle plate. My guess is it fixes the choo but would increase restriction on the front turbo. Best go for a smooth transition Y pipe.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do get the choo choo. Not interested in the baffle plate. My guess is it fixes the choo but would increase restriction on the front turbo. Best go for a smooth transition Y pipe.

My Trust pipe kit is a long and smooth transission... good angles too. Worth every cent in my opinion.

J.

around 1200 7 years ago.

they're on ebay in the US for 900 new.

I was going to make my own pipe work, but for the effort, materials and buggering around.... it's worth 1100 bucks! not to mention it performs as well as anything I could have made and it looks alot neater too.

Well designed and well made. From memory, it only took 3 or 4 hrs to fitt.

Cheers

Justin

around 1200 7 years ago.

they're on ebay in the US for 900 new.

I was going to make my own pipe work, but for the effort, materials and buggering around.... it's worth 1100 bucks! not to mention it performs as well as anything I could have made and it looks alot neater too.

Well designed and well made. From memory, it only took 3 or 4 hrs to fitt.

Cheers

Justin

can u see your low mount turbos a lot easier with the pipe kit? it definitely looks cleaner

can u see your low mount turbos a lot easier with the pipe kit? it definitely looks cleaner

Yeah, I guess you can see the turbos a little better... It's still pretty crowded in there though.

I realy like the look of neat trust/hks low mount pipe kits.

• 9 months later...

Looks like fun at Mallala. I was going to say you seemed to have some difficulty easing it onto power out of the corners till I saw that you had 4wd issues.

Also saw from your walk around video that you have the same massive shuffling issue that I had before switching to a d-jetro. Give it a decent free rev and one turbo will spool up more than the other, which directly affects your Maf sensor voltages. If you enable some watches on your MAF sensors with a datalogit, you will see a 1.5-2v variation between the MAF sensor voltages. So the ecu over fuels the hell out of it because it thinks its under load when its actually idling.

Given the opportunity to try something else to tune around it and retain MAF sensor smooth tuning capability, I'd want to try a single MAF sensor and put it in the cold side of the intercooler before the plenum.