SAU Community

hey all im wanting to put a cat back exhaust on my sreies 2 r33 non turbo and i saw some in HPI mag from AUTOBARN and

they cost around 700 new ???

they are the DRIFT brand are they any good???

or should i look at soomething a bit better brand wise ??? :P

In all honesty man.. Its not going to make a huge diffrence in any aspect.

Sound will be the biggest diffrence and even that you can control with what pipeing you want to get.

My tip?.. DO NOT BUY X-FORCE!..

And have a look at second hand bits.. They are almost half the price.. and can pick up a brand name product for quite cheap..

Autobarn products are not fantastic. They are a designed as a "one product fits all".. and usually sound like a fat man farting in an epty can of beans.

you can get a cat-back exhaust custom made, mild steel with stainless steel cannon for 700, or less. They would be better quality than Autobarn products, and sound ALOT better, so +1 with what Cris says.

and whatever you do get it done by a certified place. so you can get a sound test at the same time and then they can do the neccesary modifications if its too loud. i just got done today for mine...not sure if itl pass as legal (heres hoping)

and whatever you do get it done by a certified place. so you can get a sound test at the same time and then they can do the neccesary modifications if its too loud. i just got done today for mine...not sure if itl pass as legal (heres hoping)

+1.. if your close.. Have a look at Castle Hill Exhaust.. top blokes..

Is NSW 90dB?

Edited by GTS4WD

In all honesty man.. Its not going to make a huge diffrence in any aspect.

Sound will be the biggest diffrence and even that you can control with what pipeing you want to get.

I disagree with you there, when I changed out my muffler (still on stock piping for now) I noticed that the car revved a lot easier than it did with the stock setup.

I disagree with you there, when I changed out my muffler (still on stock piping for now) I noticed that the car revved a lot easier than it did with the stock setup.

But would you call it a huge diffrence? Its not a completely different car, is it?

I completely agree with you that there will be changes in the way the engine revs.. of course.. or else there wouldnt be a point in change the exhaust system..

But the "noise" factor is alot more noticable than the torque/responce..

And forget about getting much of a power gain with an off the shelf Autobarn product.. thats what I mean..

Even if a second hand brand name product is about $400 odd dollars.. its money well spent.. you dont wanna be one of those tools whos car sounds like its an asthamatic..