SAU Community

R33 Coolant Leak Passenger Floor

SKYYLINE

Yep, sounds like the heater core. Any radiator place should be able to get/make you one up. There are plenty on threads on here about it and how to replace it. It's a big job though as the whole dash and heater box need to come out to replace it. It's cheaper if you can do it yourself.

ok thank people i have joined the hoses togeather already...

could someone chuck some links up for me on the heater core replacement

also what the best way to clean this carpet so the coolent cant stuff it

just bought a new core from a NATRAD shop - $275

normal car carpet cleaning foam spray should be fine once its dried - should get rid of the smell the coolant leaves too.

thanks for the help so far peeps..

where in melbourne can i get a new heater core where there already pre made for this problem rather then getting someone to make one up for me???

just bought a new core from a NATRAD shop - $275
thanks for the help so far peeps..

where in melbourne can i get a new heater core where there already pre made for this problem rather then getting someone to make one up for me???

cores premade at a radiator repairs shop

sorry not just the core i want premade the whole thing is what im after

that is everything, only thing they dont come with is the 2 plastic tubed sections, you need to re-use the ones on the car now - each held on with 4 litle screws

unfortunately i think i have the same problem, had this happen in my old na fairlane, was told it was a big job so i went and got a quote to do it as i cbf, went to 3 places, 2 straight out said they dont wont to do it and the other quoted me $1100.

ended up selling the car to a mate, took him 2 full days although he did have to do it twice since he left the plug for the hot/cold door off and ripped everything out to do it again, once he had everything out he realized that it was just a plug under the dash pad.

now i have to some how convince him to do the 33.

try nissan, you might get lucky and that part is used for other models, when i bought the one for the fairlane i got it from bursons.

where abouts in melb are you, i have access to a trade account through bursons, ring and see if they have one if they do i'll get a trade price.

i paid $365 for a genuine nissan one back in 03 - let me know if you want the part number

If they are that price probably better off pulling the old one out and having it cleaned and repaired.

If they are that price probably better off pulling the old one out and having it cleaned and repaired.

read a few posts up, they can be had cheaper - im not sure why i keep replying to this thread though.

if you have seen these cores and how they are setup, there is no fixing them

NATRAD radiator shop

$275 - alloy core

$345 - copper core

NISSAN

$365 5 years ago

the info is there, by all means try to get it fixed, but it would cost more than just getting another core.

for the cost of 3 tanks of fuel - you get your heater back in the middle of winter. up to you i guess

300zx use the samer core just the screw on plastic outlets are diffrent . just buy a new one from a natrad dealer they are a prick to change i did my sons .

there is no way i would go thru so much work to use a repaird core or a second hand one