SAU Community

Injectors Staying Open ... Help

hello people

just wandering if any one would know how 2 fix this problem ,i had my injectors cleaned and tested.Then put back on the car found out that fuel was just flooding the engine i had a local mahcanic come over 2 check it n he said the injectors was open even without the ignition on.Whats responsible for the injectors opening ? any help would be good thanks :)

for one the orings have nothin to do with the engine flooding they just keep the fuel from leaking out of the rail and plenum etc.

its where the solenoid is staying open which lets residual pressure push extra fuel into each cylinder.

normally from experience if its only one injector that played up replace it. but if all have played up either its a electrical issue or the ppl that cleaned ur injector did sumthing terribly wrong lol.

for one the orings have nothin to do with the engine flooding they just keep the fuel from leaking out of the rail and plenum etc.

its where the solenoid is staying open which lets residual pressure push extra fuel into each cylinder.

normally from experience if its only one injector that played up replace it. but if all have played up either its a electrical issue or the ppl that cleaned ur injector did sumthing terribly wrong lol.

From experience, without the o-rings on, the motor floods.

just curious guys but which o rings r the ones were talking about? the larger one at the top or the smaller one at the bottom of the injector?

Not trying to hijack this thread but the bottom O rings on the side feed injectors have that plastic thing that clips onto the nozzle of the injector which also holds the bottom o ring in place. My question is, can u buy replacement plastic clip things for them and what happens in the situation that you dont put them on?

Kinda vague, just finished work...

Thanks

Chris

If they are staying open even with the power off it sounds like the injector has ceased. If they have been lying around for a while they can cease up. Can also be a result of running them dry. If they were working fine and you toook them out and got them cleaned id go back to the people that cleaned them asking for a new injector.

the injectors havent been used for 3 years n the o rings one of them has a little spilt i showed the guy from the injector cleaning place n he said it was ok ,dam him!Well i'll go try another set of injectors with fuel rail n see how that works out. Thanks guys for the feed back

cuz with side feed they can actually leak down past the orings into the cylinder entry. i double checked i was right i wen out into the shed and ripped one out of a spare rail ive got sittin here. put it all back together now tho so i cant take ne fotos to show u or nethin....

Edited by skylinekid