SAU Community

Z06 Vs R35

Amir

why, because it lost?

I watched on autogear where they had a z06 against the 911 turbo, and it was no contest. The 911 was much faster not only in the launch but once it hit 2nd gear it left the z06 car lengths behind. I have presumed the R35 matches the 911, but even from standstill this Z06 obliterated the R35. So yes because it lost.

dude the Z06 has 505HP and weighs only 1420Kg, of course its going to be faster than the GTR (and many other cars) from a rolling start or in gear acceleration.

By all accounts there have been many magazine tests that got 11second 1/4 mile times with the Z06.

Z06 has insane power to weight so it should be faster then the GTR at the higher end of the dial.

Play the z06's game (1/4 mile drag) the GTR may just loose , play the GTR's game ( track) the Z06 looses by the reports shown so far.

I like my cars to be able to go around corners aswell. The straight line thing is just not the whole package. Oh and half descent built quality, road noise is not my thing

LOL, i love people that take that approach. So a car that goes around corners? Have you seen the lap time the Z06 does around the ring? Its slower then the R35 but not by a whole lot. So it obviously handles well.

I also find it amusing that people talk about wanting a car to go around corners, yet choose a car with all the electronic goodies with it so it takes a lot of the skill and art out of the equation. Saying you like corners implies you like the driving challenge and then wanting a car that has the smarts to do it all for you seems a bit silly to me :blush: Just an observation :(

I agree entirely Roy.

And personally I think it's important to remember that the difference in an eight minute laptime at any track of only a few seconds is trifling, as in, Z06 v 35 GTR.

A different driver, on a different day, with a different tyre pressure, with buffed or new factory fitted tyres can all have easily this much effect on a lap time.

Too much weight is placed on these times being quoted. Whilst the times are a guide, it doesn't mean that a GTR, or ZR1, or Z06, or whatever, will always beat a whatever whatever thingy over a given piece of road.

Witness the times at any circuit or tarmac rally you care to mention....... and the way perceptibly "inferior" vehicles routinely wax "superior" vehicles.

The Z06 is fast, but not on my lottery win list. I still prefer performance with a boot and four seats aka the sports saloon. I personally don't class the GTR as a sports car, it is a touring car or a sports saloon. A sports car is an NSX, Lambo, Lotus, Chantham, or Ferrari were performance comes first and creature comforts come sa very distant second {yeah some manage both]. And a two seater is a must.

I like my cars to be able to go around corners aswell. The straight line thing is just not the whole package. Oh and half descent built quality, road noise is not my thing

ive still got no idea why people think the Z06/ZR1/C6 corvettes cant go around corners?!

is this from personal experience or because Holdens cant turn?

i can tell u from personal experience, they can Turn. the chassis is great and its so sick having bucket loads of torque under ur right foot at any time. u can slot it in 4th and just cruise..no stalling.

i guarantee you if you drove a z06 and chucked it around corners you will be surprised, leaf springs or not.

LOL, i love people that take that approach. So a car that goes around corners? Have you seen the lap time the Z06 does around the ring? Its slower then the R35 but not by a whole lot. So it obviously handles well.

I also find it amusing that people talk about wanting a car to go around corners, yet choose a car with all the electronic goodies with it so it takes a lot of the skill and art out of the equation. Saying you like corners implies you like the driving challenge and then wanting a car that has the smarts to do it all for you seems a bit silly to me :P Just an observation :D

Promote that man!! :action-smiley-069:

is this from personal experience or because Holdens cant turn?

Here is the thing, watched any production car racing? The HSVs do respectably well against the Evo and STIs. On certain tracks they are easily quicker, Holden happen to be building a good car at present and people seem to have trouble accepting it. I love the fact actually, as they say, variety is the spice of life

The GPS speed limit restriction doesn't help the GTR on this one.

The Z06 has the power to weight ratio to outgun the GTR in a run for the money in a 1/4 mile race environment . The Z06 is a hell of a car and deserves respect given it's able to go blow for blow with the GTR in a straight line , around corners and like the GTR kill cars double or more the price. People should stop being fanboi GTR haters of the corvette I would love to own one if given the chance.

Edited by rev210

The GPS speed limit restriction doesn't help the GTR on this one.

The Z06 has the power to weight ratio to outgun the GTR in a run for the money in a 1/4 mile race environment . The Z06 is a hell of a car and deserves respect given it's able to go blow for blow with the GTR in a straight line , around corners and like the GTR kill cars double or more the price. People should stop being fanboi GTR haters of the corvette I would love to own one if given the chance.

Just to add to that, the Z06 doesn't just go toe to toe with the GTR in a straight line, it would be much faster; especially at higher speeds.

Thats the difference that a couple of hundred kilos weights difference makes.

FWIW, i saw a blue C6 (non-Z) on the chandler highway the other day, looked absolutely gorgeous!!!

Edited by ras1983

Say a yellow C6 the other day as well. Oh so nice!

Fact is that are both great cars, and better at different things, quicker at different things in different conditions. I would rather the NA V8 Vette through the Alps in summer, but take the GTR for Europe in winter :thumbsup: To some their favourite cars needs to be the best at everything and become a little one eyed. LOL like me with my GTSt :)

I also find it amusing that people talk about wanting a car to go around corners, yet choose a car with all the electronic goodies with it so it takes a lot of the skill and art out of the equation. Saying you like corners implies you like the driving challenge and then wanting a car that has the smarts to do it all for you seems a bit silly to me Just an observation :thumbsup:

I must admit that like R31 Heaven, in the recent past I have still had some lingering preconceptions about american cars and their handling abilities, which would have made me skeptical about a 'vette keeping up with a GT-R on a track... but one has to give credit where it's due, and the Vette is now a true force to be reckoned with.

For some, like me, you have to do a bit of research and see /read about a new vette in action to see just how phenomenal they are (as well as some other US product like the Viper, or Caddy CTS-V). Some others actually just have a problem acknowledging the ability of a car from a manufacturer they just don't like. I don't R31Heaven fits in that second category though.