SAU Community

Rb25 Det Head Removal Question

hey people

taking head off my rb25 all bolts are out that i can see it just wont pop up in the front left hand corner have i missed a bolt heads lifting up from the back and the right front corner just not the left front corner what is holding it down or is it just a stubben dowl

could someone help thanks

hahah

thos 3 bolts were a pain in the ass first time i removed an rb25det head lol - think it gets everyone the first time, unless you have the manual :D

That bolt is horrible. what did everyone use to get it out? I had to cut down one of my spanners to even get into that little space.

Are you doing this with the engine in the car or out?

Note to self: Remember this when I am taking the head off my RB25

Ditto, i will be doing it with the engine out of the car so hopefully it will be a lot easier.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Na man. Had a Quick Look at the hose up connecting to the manifold. The other one goes to the reg. I will remove it and have a look see this week while I’m waiting for my new reg to arrive thanks. i will replace the hoses with new just incase I miss something. Only cheap little air hosing anyway.
    • Did you check/clean out the Aux air valve & plumbing between it and the IACV and manifold?...
    • Yeah, watched some of my over-funded Youtubers doing their own alignments with all sorts of crazy equipment and corner scales. Was cool but shit loads of work, I'm happy with somebody else doing it so long as I can get there without eating my own tyres. That said, I do have a garage and once I clear some space from moving in (we've been here 3 years this week) I'll have the car in there on a level ground and may even invest in some quick jacks.
    • Should I bring up corner weighing your car where wheel gap means nothing I borrowed some scales from work one day to try and play with it, I even loaded up the drivers seat with 80kg, IIRC no fender gap was the same after trying to balance the weight over the front and rear In the end my head hurt and I just used a tape measure to even up my once "corner weighted" car 🤪
    • Welcome!  S13 with an RB20 is a classic swap. Especially with you guys getting the KA24. We got no variants of the S13 in Australia so you're already better off than us. Galant VR4 is super cool too. Another of my fave 90's JDM cars. Any pics?