You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Wow, didn't realize it was THAT much of a PITA haha.  Can I potentially source an auto transfer case to salvage parts from it for a rebuild of my manual case, if it's FUBAR? Is it like [part set a=manual], [part set a + part set b = auto], or are they configured/engineered completely differently?
    • The autos suck. Anyone with an auto wants to go manual. Also, the one thing you don't really need to change is the dash. You don't really need to know (on the dash) what gear position you have selected. What you do have to change is the tailshaft, a bunch of wiring, probably gearbox crossmember, a bunch of fiddly shit like the spigot bearing in the back end of the crank, find a flex plate and a converter, etc. A whole lot of pain. Most of those autos have been rightfully put into metal recycling bins, so they're not exactly easy to find either.
    • Appreciate it man, gives me hope based on my Google searches on availability of GTR parts.  When you say I'm "not going to," is this in the vein of "who on earth would want auto," or more "it's impossible?" Not trying to be rude, truly don't understand haha. I know, it'd be a madman move to go manny to auto, but if it IS my only option, I'd be curious on the lift.
    • Where's the other half?
    • Shit's f**ked. Looks like there might be a crack to the intake valve seat on the opposite side of the chamber also. Defo pull the whole thing down. Nothing good can come from just doing the head on a motor with comp figures that low anyway. You'll hate yourself less in the long run.