SAU Community

Blind Spot Drivers

Here is the story. I was stuck in traffic this afternoon. I am trailing some ford explorer and I got a bus sitting about a foot behind my rear bumper. All of a sudden the fords lights spark up and it reverses right into my car. Along the busy street. It, the traffic, was backed up about 50m from the lights and there were people in front of him. What he said happened was the car infront of him pulled out or backed up aswell or some excuse. He hit me just as the reversing sensors started telling him to stop. He just didn't see me. Tyrone. When you reverse, things come from behind you. I wanna know if anyone else has an invisible car or experience with people who just dont check traffic anymore.

A couple of years back everytime I was out on the bike I would nearly be cleaned up.

A quick toot, hit the brakes or fang off and I was ok.

Luckily I have never been hit, though had plenty of close calls.

its the attitude of all drivers in big cars. they think just because they're bigger than everyone else they don't need to watch. I've had people( mainly women in 4wds just drift into my lane on the highway without indicating or anything.

its the attitude of all drivers in big cars. they think just because they're bigger than everyone else they don't need to watch. I've had people( mainly women in 4wds just drift into my lane on the highway without indicating or anything.

Yea, that is so damn fustrating.

Ahhh but what to do to reduce your blind spot!

Just adjust your mirrors so you cant actually see the rear door handles (like your driving instructor would have told you to do) just so you cant see your own car in your mirrors. Works wonders, does take a littl getting used to.

Don't forget that although they should be checking their blind spot, you should also be trying to stay out of it.

There was stationary him, a car sized gap containing one ME in one regulation sized skyline and then stationary bus. It's not like I was sneaking up on the basterd. I had been traveling behind him for bout 4-500 meters. His blind spot appears to be directly behind him.

^^^ lol don't explorers come with rear view mirrors :( I always have my mirrors set to reduce blind spot just like the instructor says and I never drive in anyones blindspot, I'm too busy overtaking to be sitting in someone's blindspot lol.

Funny story though. I had a copper sit in my blindspot for about 3 kms on the freeway. I was like wdf? Slowed down to like 95km/h in the left hand lane to try and get him to pass and he just slowed down with me and stayed there. :thumbsup: