SAU Community

Another "which Oil?" Topic

cjfb

Royal purple 10w-40 in my 34.

overkill? probably, but its purple sparkle is a selling point :thumbsup:

/jk

Only heard good things about it and when a rebuild is well into the 1000s I think its cheap insurance, even if exxy when compared with other oils

I used Mobil 1 0W-40 5,000km PRIOR to the 100k major service. Found it a bit too thin and will need to be changed around 3,000km after (it gets that dirty quickly) I switched to Mobil 1 5W-30 at the 100 thou service and could notice a considerable difference in the response from the word go. it's almost time for the 105,000km service for me So I'm sticking with 5W-30.

It's not THAT expensive either. :)

Edited by Magic

i use royal purple 10w40 full synth with a higher pressure filter, runs smooth but i do have slightly ticky lifters.

i jsut wanted to add that i get it on the US bases by the quart for about 5-6USD a quart so a royal purple oilchange is still only about 40 USD with royal purple, i dont know how pricey it is in the land down unda "you betta run you betta take cova"

Edited by Travis Bickle

I used Mobil 1 0W-40 5,000km PRIOR to the 100k major service. Found it a bit too thin and will need to be changed around 3,000km after (it gets that dirty quickly) I switched to Mobil 1 5W-30 at the 100 thou service and could notice a considerable difference in the response from the word go. it's almost time for the 105,000km service for me So I'm sticking with 5W-30.

It's not THAT expensive either. :(

The fact that it got "dirty" is probably testament to the detergents in it doing their job, cleaning up the carbon crap inside the engine.

A 30 grade oil is thinner than a 40, so why are you changing to a 30 if 40 is too thin?