SAU Community

Clutch Problem!

hi guys n girls

I have a situation on my hands ok ..... driving home in my r33 s2 GTS and went to select first at a set of lights, we (boyfriend and I) hear a snap sound like a cable breaking but the clutch is hydraulic!!! so we turn car off pump clutch no pressure so we put it in 1st gear crank the car then give some throttle and park in side street to have a look ... Cant see anything bad fluid level is fine no leaks nothing just NO CLUTCH :-( so we put it in second gear crank car and drive home . my boyfriend looks under car and finds that the release fork is sloppy like he can move it from side to side and up n down .....

now we have not taken the gearbox out but has anyone had a problem like this before ???

Can the release forks pivot point break or snap or wear through ????

or does this sound like the pressure plate Fingers have snapped ????

boyfriend did a massive 50m+ line locker a few weeks ago but car drove fine since then could that have stressed the fingers???

any help would be great guys also how much does a standard clutch kit cost if i need to get one or even a release fork ???

thanks phebz

hi guys n girls

I have a situation on my hands ok ..... driving home in my r33 s2 GTS and went to select first at a set of lights, we (boyfriend and I) hear a snap sound like a cable breaking but the clutch is hydraulic!!! so we turn car off pump clutch no pressure so we put it in 1st gear crank the car then give some throttle and park in side street to have a look ... Cant see anything bad fluid level is fine no leaks nothing just NO CLUTCH :-( so we put it in second gear crank car and drive home . my boyfriend looks under car and finds that the release fork is sloppy like he can move it from side to side and up n down .....

now we have not taken the gearbox out but has anyone had a problem like this before ???

Can the release forks pivot point break or snap or wear through ????

or does this sound like the pressure plate Fingers have snapped ????

boyfriend did a massive 50m+ line locker a few weeks ago but car drove fine since then could that have stressed the fingers???

any help would be great guys also how much does a standard clutch kit cost if i need to get one or even a release fork ???

thanks phebz

Sounds like the pivot bolt has snapped. Unfortunately it will mean that the gearbox has to be removed in order to repair this. I would go for a the Nismo strong release pivot bolt as an upgrade, about $50 delivered from dealer like Nengun or try Ebay. Is the car fitted with a heavy duty clutch because this is often seems to be the main cause?

Sounds like the pivot bolt has snapped. Unfortunately it will mean that the gearbox has to be removed in order to repair this. I would go for a the Nismo strong release pivot bolt as an upgrade, about $50 delivered from dealer like Nengun or try Ebay. Is the car fitted with a heavy duty clutch because this is often seems to be the main cause?

ok well its just a standard clutch to my knowledge but my boyfriend is pulling the gearbox out on sunday so will find out then i spose LoL

thanks for the heads up

Yeah it can break, even with a standard clutch, seen it before.

10-15 Bucks from a wrecker, apparently all skyline pivots are the same, even r31, so makes it easy.

yeah i just replaced mine today, what a bitch, stupid easy out broke so i had to drill 2 holes, its easiest to use a drill rpess so drain all the oil and remove the plate inside the gear box where the ball pivot thing goes, and no, not all skylines are the same, be very careful with this,

i ordered 2, 1 from nengun and 1 from perfect run, my perfect run 1 came in like 1 week, nengun i should be getting either monday or tuesday (so it took a bit over 2 weeks), if it arrives in the next day or so i can let you know if your after a strong nismo fork pivot, thats if u want it, will do it for $40 delivered, i payed $47 from nengun,

ok thanks sly32 .

my boyfriend didnt get to pull the box out on sunday as he hurt his back lying under the car in the driveway on pebbles susing it out the night it happened ... will post up pics and so forth when he removes the gear box.