SAU Community

Carbon Fibre Interior Pieces

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you written this article yet?

Not yet, Dale is currently on leave and he will do it upon his return.

Very interested in CF interior bits for r32 and prices!

Where can I see these?

They are listed on our site --> www.psiparts.com.au

As the parts get released we shall be adding them to our site

Shane

• 1 month later...
half of the Picture on your website ( for R32 at least) doesn't work..

The interior pieces were only available as part of a beta testing offer (of which we received very poor participation from members). I believe we don't have any left and thus will be removed from the website until they are available for retail sale.

I heard today ALL interior trimming have been put on hold until further notice. I believe this has to do with manufacturing techniques not being available at the current time, although I hope that they fix the issue.

The article is still on my to do list :D

• 2 months later...

Hi Dale, It's a new year I hope all is well in the land of PSI.

I am wondering if Sniper are moving forward with more carbon bits? I would love to Beta test an R33 main dash assy. I hope my report was deemed useful for the gear shift surround.

Thanks.... Danny

Hi Dale,

that's disappointing.

It would be handy if there was more information as to why and when.

I am sure that if volume is an issue we could take a tally and Sniper could see that there is enough interest or orders to make it worth their while? Looking at the vote for wet versus dry carbon raises the question are they saying no because we are after dry and the tooling is cost prohibitive? I want a wet carbon main dash assy to match the gear surround.

If they are not going to produce a wet main panel for R33 I would like to know so I can refinish the original one and forget about it.

thanks,

Danny

I'll have a chat to them and see what I can get out of them. From my last dealings with them they were disappointed with the finish of the product (your opinion is valuable here??) and want to keep their brand in high regard thus have decided to withdraw it even though such demand exists.

I don't know what gave them the idea that the finish was disappointing, the quality of finish on the beta unit I tested was excellent. Sure it needed some work to get it to fit properly but the finish is horn. I'm fitting a nismo stitched shift boot to it now and have a half chub looking at it! mmmmmmm carbonfibre....

I want a wet carbon main dash assy to match the gear surround.

I'd be interested in the main dash assembly too. Theres nothing else that ive found on the market that offers this in true carbon fibre.

AutoTrust, any chance of sharing some hi res photos so the rest of us can get an idea of the finish?

I agree a direct fitment part is ideal. I would be happier with a wet unit to match what I have, I don't mind the extra work to make it fit, if the exterior finish is the same then there would be benefit from beta testing.

Here is a photo of the gear surround installed, please excuse the crap gearknob and busted hand brake boot.

post-3624-1231898206_thumb.jpg