SAU Community

Hi All

Did a search maybe not typed in the right things but am looking for the correct way of putting in a PS cooler, I dont have HICAS anymore and all the solonoids have been removed previously. The rear stage of the pump was blocked off with a machined out washer/piece and orig bolt bolted back up to block it off. Ive attached a diagram.

Can anyone tell me is that is the correct way to fitting the cooler as in connections to right places.

post-24749-1216961754_thumb.jpg

Edited by godzl1975

good question. I'm not 100% on if that is ok or not, but the easiest way is just to run it in series with the factory cooler. the factory cooler/dampener is up the front near the radiator. just unplug the hose going into one end of it, plug that to your new cooler then run a hose from the new cooler outlet to the old factory ones inlet. done. :thumbsup:

^^ same thing i was wondering also.

I have never heard of it being a problem... and by adding a cooler all your doing is bringing another element/point of failure into what is already a perfect setup.

There is already a cooler for the PS system in the GT-R's. It is infront of the radiator, but behind the I/C on the drivers side of the bonnet latch. It is simplty a small diameter pipe with external fins.

Simply remove it & replace it with a proper sized cooler. A small 100mm by 250 ish size is more than adequate.

That is what I did & it stopped the P/S fluid from getting hot, expanding & then leaking out of the top of the reservoir.

And yes hoses & clamps work fine.

Thats exactly what I did, except the thing is that the cooler runs off the HICAS part of the system.

So yes thats how you connect the cooler, I used hose and clamps, no issues, trackdays completed with no overflow! (yes fluid is at spec'd level)