SAU Community

Im Bored Of The 32.

BANGN

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing is I like it how everyone says every man and his dog has a R33 But I hate to say it R32's are f@rken everywhere now. So I wouldnt say that any more.

but yer throw RB25 in, I think thats what the R32's needed all along, GTR proves that :wave:

Maybe in your area, but around my place i only see R33's.....I suppose it depends on where you are located.

I was thinking of getting a R33 when I had my R32 as well... Then 2 weeks later a chick smashed into the side of it and it was a wright off... :)

So once i got the cash back I ended up getting a R33. Thought I might as well do the upgrade. The R32 was great for going sideways and doing burnouts, but the R33 does feel alot more comfortable to drive and the dash doesnt rattle, lol.

I think if your using it as a daily driver the R33 would be nicer to drive and it has the RB25DET! Which feels and sounds very Nice! :/ but the R32 was alot more fun!! Depends what your looking for :wave:

I keep saying it.. but know one listens... if I could get it working with AWD id have it in my GTR :wave:

lol coz 1 it wont work with awd

and 2 it cost waaaaaaaay to much

and i think the ls1 is a better engine?

hmm something to think about i geuss, iv seen good drag times with those motors, saw a 9 sec pass once

wont be a 9 sec car without spending 100k son

11s or 12s is prolly more realistic if you can get the power down

ps you will need to take into consideration supporting mods when doing a hi-po rb30 rebuild

eg, injectors 700-800

clutch 1k

ecu 2k

diff 1.5k

rb25 gearbox as your 20 will just do a round the world with the 30s torque 1.5k

and the initial engine rebuild 8k~ varies alot pending parts

and i think the ls1 is a better engine?

wont be a 9 sec car without spending 100k son

11s or 12s is prolly more realistic if you can get the power down

ps you will need to take into consideration supporting mods when doing a hi-po rb30 rebuild

eg, injectors 700-800

clutch 1k

ecu 2k

diff 1.5k

rb25 gearbox as your 20 will just do a round the world with the 30s torque 1.5k

and the initial engine rebuild 8k~ varies alot pending parts

All that stuff is the same for any hipo build, it's not exclusive to RB30s. The point was, if "building" an engine, look at building a 30.

You can built a budget 30 and come in well under 2k if you wanted to. If you have higher aspirations (like I did), then you should be looking at all those other things too.

My 30 cost just over 2k to build (I did get a good deal on a block/forged piston/head setup), so it's not just a stocker build. As soon as I built it I had to go spend about another 3k on injectors, z32 afm and a tune.

Already had a good clutch, 25 box was already on the cards (that was a 2.5k excercise what with custom tailshafts etc). Oh and then there's the 1.6k for a GT35R, $500 for a TiAl gate, then we get onto exhaust manifold and exhaust fabrication I have to do. Intake manifold that has to be made. Just picked up a full 32R cooler piping setup which should make things easier.

BASICALLY, you need a goal to work towards. My goal is 400rwhp (with lots of lowdown drivability) with headroom for more and I believe my setup will do it easily.

If you just want a bit more *poke*, then a cheap standard 30 build is leagues ahead of 20. A similar "cheap" setup would be to drop a standard 25 and box in there and leave it at that.

If you want lots of power then you gotta be prepared to spend the coin where it's needed!

Edited by bubba

Yeah a clear goal is something that a lot of people forget or don't even think about. Without a clear goal ahead everything can go down the drain pretty quickly!

i was thinkn just a 25, larger turbo, new ecu, cams, clutch, injectors, fuel pump, inlet manifold and a tune would keep my happy for a bit

Edited by BANGN

The y31 Cima had an VH41DE AWD option :(

But yes it would cost to much, for now...

2 guys I know of are attempting it, one in NZ, one in Sydney

i was thinkn just a 25, larger turbo, new ecu, cams, clutch, injectors, fuel pump, inlet manifold and a tune would keep my happy for a bit
That's pushing 10k right there.

thats 10k in parts not even labour yet

sell 32 get an 33 and save yourself 4k?

inlet manifold would also require custom pipe work more $$ there

nothing wrong with the stock one unless your going berserk

how much hp can stock injectors on a rb25 flow?

The y31 Cima had an VH41DE AWD option :)

But yes it would cost to much, for now...

2 guys I know of are attempting it, one in NZ, one in Sydney

mmmmmmm would be awesome even without awd :huh:

definately a good idea for a unique car me thinkz

You've spent more than 10k to get where? a mildly modded RB20? you need a goal and to plan how to spend the next 10k wisely!

I have a loooooooooooooong term plan to eventually put a VH41 in the 32 when I get bored with the 30, there was a guy over east selling a VH41 with crossmember and mounts to suit 32.. I tried to buy the Xmember and mounts off him but no sale :blink:

Oh, why inlet manifold? the stock will flow enough for about 365rwkw. I wouldn't change it unless you're in my boat where you need bonnet and pipework clearance with a large high mount.

And I think stock 25t injectors flow enough for a little over 300rwhp..