SAU Community

Im Bored Of The 32.

BANGN

The list of good and bads of GTST and GTR R32 and R33

GTST

R32

The Good- Looks good for its age, lots of aftermarket support, good overall package, RB20 unburstable(depending on tune and use)

The Bad -Starting to get a bit old, RB20 lacks torque, rear seats not much room for 6 footers, gearbox weak, aftermarket bodykits have to match the already good styling as most dont suit the styling and era of the 32 (same with R34)

R33

The Good-More room inside than 32, has one of the strongest gearbox from Nissan, lots of good examples around, most bodykits look good and them, more practical, bigger brakes, RB25 has more torque and quite strong...

The Bad -...if you can keep it below 400HP or 300KW because the RB25 is actually the most fragile compared to the 20( RB20 can handle 600HP with stock internals) and 26(RB26 can handle between 400-600HP), duller interior compared to 32 but exterior is personal preferance, slightly heavier

GTR

R32

The Good- The car that started it all, good looking, 13 sec on the quarter mile dead stock, scares people in normal cars, recently became more affordable than before, wheel-base large enough for fatter rubber, no airbags on all models mean easy steering wheel swap

The Bad- expensive to fix when they let go( at 17 years old, most do unless taken care of well), same aftermarket bodykit issues with GTST but the GTR already looks good enough, Brembos only came in V-SPEC II, ATTESSA ETS 4WD system has the slowest update with more track-oriented handling so its not best for beginners

R33

The Good- Looks at least better than GTST with the pumped out guards, Brembos on all models, seats more improved and more comfortable than even the R34 GTR especially on long drives, as usual more room than R32, ATTESSA ETS easier to control than 32 GTR and more practical

The Bad- heavy styling match the scales: heavier than 32 GTR and surprisingly slightly slower than R32 in a straight-line, compared to the R32 interior is still duller, handling although more user-friendly is actually slightly duller for more experienced drivers and racers, Active LSD only available in V-Spec models, airbag wheel ugly

Edited by R33_NICK

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bad -...if you can keep it below 400HP or 300KW because the RB25 is actually the most fragile compared to the 20( RB20 can handle 600HP with stock internals) and 26(RB26 can handle between 400-600HP), duller interior compared to 32 but exterior is personal preferance, slightly heavier

wait what?

should we all change to rb20's then?

handle 600hp as in 1 dyno run?

i have a r33 but quite like the look of the r32 but the dash in the r32 is what put me off buying man so old school . oh yeah plus the bigger brakes / bigger motor /stronger box might have swayed me too the r33 as well lol.

like someone said you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig im sure they was talking about the r32 lol

Edited by mid life crisis

wait what?

should we all change to rb20's then?

handle 600hp as in 1 dyno run?

depending on how much mods you put in and whether the tuning is done right which most usually dont and at that power level the engine is sure to let go soon as well. RB20s lack torque so usually if you add power, more torque will be sacrificed so you'll still end up getting a bigger engine and at that power level most would prefer a rebuild just incase and if so, you might as well rebuild a 25 since it already has more torque and with forged pistons etc..., the strength is not much different to the 20 or any forged internal engines so most will be leaning towards the 25, 26 if you have extra cash or 25/26 30 combo if you can stretch it out more.

depending on how much mods you put in and whether the tuning is done right which most usually dont and at that power level the engine is sure to let go soon as well. RB20s lack torque so usually if you add power, more torque will be sacrificed so you'll still end up getting a bigger engine and at that power level most would prefer a rebuild just incase and if so, you might as well rebuild a 25 since it already has more torque and with forged pistons etc..., the strength is not much different to the 20 or any forged internal engines so most will be leaning towards the 25, 26 if you have extra cash or 25/26 30 combo if you can stretch it out more.

any links to any rb20s that run 600hp on a standard bottom end?

day in day out for more then 6 months?

The list of good and bads of GTST and GTR R32 and R33

GTST

R32

The Good- Looks good for its age, lots of aftermarket support, good overall package, RB20 unburstable(depending on tune and use)

The Bad -Starting to get a bit old, RB20 lacks torque, rear seats not much room for 6 footers, gearbox weak, aftermarket bodykits have to match the already good styling as most dont suit the styling and era of the 32 (same with R34)

R33

The Good-More room inside than 32, has one of the strongest gearbox from Nissan, lots of good examples around, most bodykits look good and them, more practical, bigger brakes, RB25 has more torque and quite strong...

GTR

R32

The Good- The car that started it all, good looking, 13 sec on the quarter mile dead stock, scares people in normal cars, recently became more affordable than before, wheel-base large enough for fatter rubber, no airbags on all models mean easy steering wheel swap

The Bad- expensive to fix when they let go( at 17 years old, most do unless taken care of well), same aftermarket bodykit issues with GTST but the GTR already looks good enough, Brembos only came in V-SPEC II, ATTESSA ETS 4WD system has the slowest update with more track-oriented handling so its not best for beginners

R33

The Good- Looks at least better than GTST with the pumped out guards, Brembos on all models, seats more improved and more comfortable than even the R34 GTR especially on long drives, as usual more room than R32, ATTESSA ETS easier to control than 32 GTR and more practical

The Bad- heavy styling match the scales: heavier than 32 GTR and surprisingly slightly slower than R32 in a straight-line, compared to the R32 interior is still duller, handling although more user-friendly is actually slightly duller for more experienced drivers and racers, Active LSD only available in V-Spec models, airbag wheel ugly

lol

fact or fiction?

^ fact i guess lol nah got some info from HPI mag and most from what i know tho im not sure about the RB20 part but i remember seeing on the magazine that they say the RB20 are strong things and MIGHT do 600 with the right tuning. i think someone here on the forum has an RB20 with 400 HP with stock internals.

HPI Mag?

Whats that?

Is it a ricer mag , because it's comparison info mentioned above is like the ramblings of a know nothing.

hpi = high performance imports

quite a nice mag... =)

hpi = high performance imports

quite a nice mag... =)

I've never got into car mags.

Too busy with actual cars.

My tip is if you want to know something about cars then don't start or finish with a magazine. There are better places to learn things. :)

I've never got into car mags.

Too busy with actual cars.

My tip is if you want to know something about cars then don't start or finish with a magazine. There are better places to learn things. :)

lol.

goood toilet reading man.

cant work on cars in the toilet :ermm: haha ;)

and the fact i work part time in newsagency means access to free magazines :)

Edited by br3ndan

The problem with HPI is that they keep going on about 1000hp street cars.

Noone drives a 1000hp car as a daily, no matter what they say, and if they do they are idiots.

"Yes i do enjoy my OS Giken triple plate, its very easy to use and has no problems at all" :wave:

Hya, iv had my R32 sky with approx 250rwhp for a couple of months now.. and basically Im bored of the power, I want more. I love the car, dont love the lag.

Are 33's worth it over the 32? or more to say is the 25 any quicker of the 20. I cant afford a GTR at this stage but im wanthing something I can get power out of easier without feeling im being too hard on the motor.

but yeh feed back on what you think of your 33 and even would love to hear comparisons of what people think who have driven both

cheers

Get another car man.