SAU Community

Wolf 3d V4 Installation Help!

i have a v4 with hand controller which comes with a loom (aka not a plug n play item, loom is modified for tx3 turbo) so i bought a 76 pin connector to replace my r32 rb20det ecu in my vl... but, the connector and the wolf 3d's plug for the loom is totally different! can anybody help me!?!?!

wtf? its a hella lot more advanced than a PowerFC which ppl still go daft for :P

Just contact Wolf for a pinout, or they may even wire it up for you for a reasonable fee :)

http://www.wolfems.com/contact.html

:D Im talking about age, youre talking about performance?

'wtf?'

...V500 is the shit. If youre in VIC, talk to Robbie, hes a Wolf gun.

wtf? its a hella lot more advanced than a PowerFC which ppl still go daft for :)

hahaha i tune heaps of wolfs and yes the V500 is real nice unit but at the end of the day 99% of the ones that come in to me run like shit and i spend more time retuning other peoples f**k ups......

if your in vic im more than happy to have a look for you.

For all RB20's now i use r32 gtr PFC's... much nicer results.

wow! cheers for all the replies! im in qld unfortunatly... this is what i bought thinking this is what i needed... http://wolfems.cart.net.au/details/2223211.html thought this would plug straight up but obviously it doesnt only into the cars loom not in the ems... the wolf 3d i have has got the black plug for the wiring loom to plug into not suited for anything in particular if anyone knows what im on about?

and i havent had the chance to call any shops about it and yet havent found anything on google about finding any pinouts etc....

can anyone help me on this? and for any of u that can tune these would u have any base maps for an rb20det at all? need one so i can install the wolf 3d straight and go so i can take it to somebody to then tune it.... cheers guys p.s i will have photos uploaded soon to what the ems, connector, old ecu etc looks like

What you have is a standard Wolf 3D v4, and a 3D v4 wire-in loom. It's not even a 4+, which means you have to run waste spark ignition (4+ lets you run sequential ignition).

You need to remove the R32's loom, and replace it with the Wolf 3D loom.

if you get stuck send the unit to me:

Status Tuning

63 rodeo drive

south dandenong

att Trent Hewitson

i will get the patch loom and load it up with a decent RB20 base image for you.

Here is a link to the trusted Wolf Dealers/Tuners on the Wolf EMS website. There are a few in Queensland so find one closest to you.

Dealer/Tuner Link

Trent are you an authorized/trained dealer/tuner? Just asking as you name is not on the list.