SAU Community

Want To Sell R34 V-spec2 Nur And Get New Gtr35!

Hi

As my Topic.

i just bought very clean R34GTR V-spec2 Nur Black(car is on the way over from Japan)

But i now decide to sell the car and order R35GTR.

Should i order from Nissan Australia or Import one?

Any suggestion for the price from Nissan Australia?

If anyone would interest R34GTR V-spec2 Nur.

please send me a private message

Car is 2002

R34GTR V-spec2 Nur

Black

40000km

cheers

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice car you've ordered; but yes, it's better business sense to get the R35.

And then even when you can, the performance spec of the V-Spec will be out by then too! Decisions Decisions!

Do you want to get the R35 for track work? Like others who already have them here or coming here, that's what they're ready for - or used for private roads depending which state gov't you're under I think.

If you're using the R35 for road use and want to keep warranty (and are willing to not modify it, since sensors detect this and that being done to the car), it's advised that you'll wait for Nissan to land it here for you. I believe that in each state capital city, only a limited no. of dealerships will stock that car and furthermore, only a few mechanics in those dealerships will be trained up to work on the R35.

Mind you, what's to stop one of the import firms from hiring that trained mechanic??? After all, they're only paid f***ing $25/Hr fully qualified and at a Service Advisor level. Interesting point.

Cheers, T

You're choice. If you import one then you won't have warranty. If you buy locally you'll get warranty, but warranty won't be much good if you're going to mod it...

Very nice car you've ordered; but yes, it's better business sense to get the R35.

And then even when you can, the performance spec of the V-Spec will be out by then too! Decisions Decisions!

Do you want to get the R35 for track work? Like others who already have them here or coming here, that's what they're ready for - or used for private roads depending which state gov't you're under I think.

If you're using the R35 for road use and want to keep warranty (and are willing to not modify it, since sensors detect this and that being done to the car), it's advised that you'll wait for Nissan to land it here for you. I believe that in each state capital city, only a limited no. of dealerships will stock that car and furthermore, only a few mechanics in those dealerships will be trained up to work on the R35.

Mind you, what's to stop one of the import firms from hiring that trained mechanic??? After all, they're only paid f***ing $25/Hr fully qualified and at a Service Advisor level. Interesting point.

Cheers, T

Hi thank you

i will use more on the road. so must be road register.

any idea how much nissan australia sell for?

You're choice. If you import one then you won't have warranty. If you buy locally you'll get warranty, but warranty won't be much good if you're going to mod it...

Hi.

I understand with warranty thing. but the point is. how many GTRs Nissan bring in and when i can get the car.

cheers

Hi Again,

When I signed a letter of interest with Nissan Springwood, they kept me in the loop as best they could by telling me that October 2009 will be the earliest for the Non V-Spec.

Cost? Who knows - perhaps $159,000 approx

Regards,

Terry

Hi thank you

i will use more on the road. so must be road register.

any idea how much nissan australia sell for?

Hi.

I understand with warranty thing. but the point is. how many GTRs Nissan bring in and when i can get the car.

cheers

looks like you'll be waiting til 2010.

What not keep your Nur, since it's quite amazing, and then replace it with the R35 down the track? You're only putting a deposit down for one, no need to sell the Nur this VERY SECOND FREAK! :glare:

Yeah I'd keep the Nur for a while, wait for the dealer markup to go down on the 35's and pick up a nice second hand one a year or two after release... but hey, that's just me :glare:

Hi Again,

When I signed a letter of interest with Nissan Springwood, they kept me in the loop as best they could by telling me that October 2009 will be the earliest for the Non V-Spec.

Regards,

Terry

Hi

For the price $159000. is that standard edition or black edition or others?

OCT/2009 wow. that take a bit too long

I wish i was stuck in your situation.......

"Hmmm do i keep my newly ordered R34 V Spec or purchase a R35.....Hmmmmmm"

Bastard! ;)

Yeh.

i know what you mean.but more i look new R35GTR. it just make me want one.

so i guess. i can only try now

What not keep your Nur, since it's quite amazing, and then replace it with the R35 down the track? You're only putting a deposit down for one, no need to sell the Nur this VERY SECOND FREAK! :glare:

Hi

i know want you mean.

i was thinking the same. keep rare v-spec2 nur and get R35GTR later.

but more i look new GTR. i really want one now.

so Nur got to go

Yeah I'd keep the Nur for a while, wait for the dealer markup to go down on the 35's and pick up a nice second hand one a year or two after release... but hey, that's just me :down:

i really dont think i can wait that long and i dont think second hand R35GTR will drop that much in a year or two

thanks guys

be prepared to wait, it seems 2010 is the kick off for the GTR in OZ

Keep the Nur for a bit, because lets face it, it's an awesome piece of kit in it's own right. Wait for the fringe dwellers (RAWS workshops) to get into the swing of bringing these things in, and pick one up after the initial rush has died down.

Oh and don't hold your breath for the importers either, they have a bit of song and dance to perform before they're road registering the new R's, but it will be a lot quicker than Nissan Oz, that's for sure

Keep the Nur for a bit.

Word in the underground is that the first R35 will be road registered in NSW soon, and will be for sale for $160k

If and when that's the case, buy one then. Don't wait for Nissan Aus, and don't try and comply it yourself. Just my 2c. :glare:

Hi Again,

Regards,

Terry

Australia wont get the V-spec.

You can count on that...

unless some wily coyote gets it through Sevs, which i dont think will ever happen.

Mines,

If you want to, you can pay me 9 million yen to buy one here and i can keep it here in Tokyo and send it back as a personal import.

That way you save around $40,000 on one in Oz and you have one a year earlier than almost everyone else.

I promise i wont thrash it.....

Too hard.

:D

I agree with afew ppl here, keep the Nur for abit.

They are an absolutly great car and a refinment to the max as opposed to the other RB26DETTs.

Its a real big head turner, especialy in the Millenium Jade colour.

The possibilities for tuning a Nur to stand upagainst the R35 GTR, I believe would be quite possible.

Dare I say it but IMO the R34 GTR is an overall better looking car with Nismo Bodykit and a set of LMGT4 wheels.

I know its random but does Aust get the watered down version of the Japnsese R35?

Because then your answere is clear, import.

It will have to be remapped due to the poorer quality fuel.

I dont think this counts as a "watering down" per say, but merely an unavoidance.

impulse buying at it's best :( , what ever car, you'll have fun, by the sound of it, moneys not the problem, throw enough money at someone and you could have the car sooner than others, still might have to wait a bit