SAU Community

**autosports** Wakefield Park Saturday 13th Sept

Peddler

Howdy all, seems we already have a few SAU folk listed as coming down for our next Wakefield event. They suggested that some of you guys might be interested in coming along and to post it up here.

So here it is if you want to register > http://autosports.com.au/events/view/11

• Wakefield Park
  • Saturday 13th September
  • $180 per person
  • Includes timing
  • Driver trainers at no additional charge, John Boston and Paul Kemal.

This event we are going to be running a mini "time-attack" session in the middle of the day with the top 5 fastest cars in each class from the times throughout the morning sessions. This will also see some trophys for three seperate classes including 4WD, 2WD NA, 2WD Turbo. These trophys will be held by the winner of each class and there name and car will be engraved onto them. At the next event the trophy holder will either defend the class and trophy and retain or hand over to the person that beats him/her. We arnt playing for sheep-stations but it will be fun and will be good for bragging rights hehe. In saying that i know that there is some pretty serious cars already registered and it should be a good intro for those wanting to get into Superlap next year.

We will also have the NSW Superkart Club down with us again. If anyone is interested in infact having a drive of the Superkarts (which will blow your freaking mind away) just let me know. I will be putting down an expression of interest for those who infact have some motorsport experience and would like to have a drive. At our last event one of the 250cc Superkarts lapped Wakefield on cold tyres in 0.58.60!

With all due respect, if you dont have any motorsport experience i am afraid that jumping into a 250cc Superkart would probably not be good for your health.

If anyone needs any help with any information or help registering for the event, let me know 0408255005.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im one of those SAU'ers with my name down!! :D

I have done Autosports days and i recommend it!! Great opportunity to learn your (and the cars) capabilities, with professionals willing to passanger for friendly advice!

These guys go quick as well. My 1:13 round Wakey isnt quick amongst them lot, but hey, it definatley makes you aspire to going quicker!! Just follow them for a couple of laps and your set for driving lines!!

Oh and the peeps themselves are quite the funny bunch! :D

Ando's 2cents

That just means you are halfway there already!

And yes, there are some silly quick cars at these days. I know elias in his s2000 is at this one and i think the slot car is booked in as well.

I'd book in for a run in a super cart marty but based on my performance last time i think i'd kill myself... but at least i'd die with a smile on my face :sick:

Yes there are some seriously quick cars coming to this event. Elias is going to be there in his S2000 and John from UAS will be there with the big black slotcar.

There is already a few very quick Evo's coming down as well as a couple of super quick NA two wheel drive cars... looking like it is going to be a great event.

Superkarts will be confirmed in around a weeks time... yes they are a freaking crazy thing to grasp driving. To give people an idea of how fast they are,

This is Todd Kelly who qualified on pole at the 2007 V8Supercars round at Eastern Creek

1 22 Holden Racing Team Todd Kelly Holden Commodore VE 5000 15 14 1:31.6332*

This is Ashley Walsh in his Formula Ford, at the same event

1 45 CAMS Rising Star Ashley Walsh Spectrum 011b 1600 8 2 1:36.9371*

Here are the 4 fastest qualifiers from the Superkarts at the last Shannon's Nationals round at Eastern Creek

1 16 "Safe Evolutions,Kartech Karti Darren Hossack (VIC) Anderson 250I 3 1 1:30.7521*

2 27 ZIP BDH Luke May (VIC) Zip 250I 9 7 1:31.5493 0:00.7972

3 9 "NEC Automotive,SZ Racing" Stephen Castles (VIC) Stockman 250I 3 3 1:31.5644 0:00.8123

4 7 "RMR Superkarts,Wizzer Engines Matthew Wall (VIC) Anderson 250I 9 5 1:31.5748 0:00.8227

Edited by Peddler

Looks like there is some bloody quick cars registered for this event so far... and it looks like the rotory crew have put it out to the skyline guys hehe. This from one of the rotor boys in his registration

*20. (AndyMac) "RX7 Superior, Skyline Inferior"

Edited by Peddler

you're my hero dave

ps. I'm toying with the idea of attending this day.. just trying to work out the logistics of it all

ps. I'm toying with the idea of attending this day.. just trying to work out the logistics of it all

:ermm:

Thats it! You have to attend now, no doubts about it!!

Could this be the rematch the crowds have chanted for..S13 vs 180xs...who knows... Stay Tuned!! :laugh:

In other words, get your ar*se to Wakey on Sept 13th :banana:

• 2 weeks later...

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Thanks gents, I think I'll get a PSR and see how it goes. I saw an interesting video in YT where a guy stripped one and the bearings were similar to the GTX series instead of the newer G series, but for 40% of the Garrett price I suppose there has to be some sort of trade off!
    • My opinion is they aren't worth double at all.  Have used a good number of Pulsars with builds I've been involved with and tbh at least speaking for myself, Garrett aren't losing money they'd be getting if Pulsar didn't exist as for genuine Garrett money I'd probably be buying something other than Garrett.    We've used Pulsar 6262G (G35 900 equivalent) on an RB26 with a twin scroll hotside and it picked up 40wkw at the same boost over the old twin -5s and the improvement in transient response over the twins changed the car - this is before you factor in the amount of further headroom of the G35.  Have also used one on a 2JZ drag car which has run 9.6 @ 141mph not even trying, from what we've seen so far it'll potentially go 8s when we turn it up  Crazy results for what is basically a NZ$1500ish turbo.  
    • Mate i've used PSR turbos for years now and have never had an issue with them, the wheels measure the same as the real thing and i've seen them make the exact same power on the dyno pretty much back to back. Its upto you whether you'd want to spend the extra cash.
    • Sorry to change topics here, but does anyone know where to get the O-ring for the radiator drain plug?  I want to change the coolant this weekend but the manual says we should not reuse the radiator drain plug O-ring again? I did some Google search and is now getting bombarded with ads for a radiator drain plug kit 🤣 is that the O-ring? (posted pic of said ad) PS: @PranK Looks like I just needed a higher rank to post pics! It works now 🙌🏾
    • more new rubbers and to add to the mix  also new bolts for the center garnish and pretty much all done, the alarm is being replaced and I’ll deal with that ugliness when that happens