SAU Community

**autosports** Wakefield Park Saturday 13th Sept

Peddler

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Install seat and seat belt and it can be driven.

But before it gets driven it will get some semis and bolt on flares and a bit more weight reduction and some tidying up.

Still deciding whether to leave the torsen diff in it for it's first outing or put my mech center in now.

Edited by BHDave

Do you see now why we said your car was too pretty to be a nugget?

yeah, it was dumheds.

the torsen is a really nice street diff, they are great when you have weight over both wheels and provide good drive (so no single spinning the inside like a shagged viscous) but once you unweight or lift the inside wheel it goes open as you apply throttle.

with my penchant for bouncing off kerbs i can see it not working for me too well.

Also dumhed had issues with it spinning up on med to fast sweepers so he installed the big rice wing to keep a bit of load over the arse end which helped. That didn't come with the car so it will have that problem if i don't change the diff.

Ha ha yeah i agree.. but i got sick of having a pig of a car with the old Cefiro... the blue nugget is a bitz of both... noice but trackable..

Nice purchase! That car is loud and quick.... Go get a Fully GT spec wing from Jjap LOL You know you wana!

Eventually it will get a turbo.

I already have the 3071 off the old car and i have a low km s15 engine that i picked up as a partial trade on some bits.

So there's a new rear housing, manifold, cams, springs, rocker arm stoppers, gate, and head gasket to get into it before install.

The car already has an s15 pfc installed so it's an easy swap.

short term is get some flares, get some new semis on my 17x9 +25 sterns, tidy it up a bit and drive it.

Not so short term is full re wire, more weight reduction, and some paint.

Engine is a long term one. So about 6 months or so depending on money :)

The r32 was scary. This thing will be in a different league once it gets a turbo. The previous owner has already got it into the 9's as it stands and i used to dive past it on the straights like it was standing still....

Do you see now why we said your car was too pretty to be a nugget?

yeah, it was dumheds.

the torsen is a really nice street diff, they are great when you have weight over both wheels and provide good drive (so no single spinning the inside like a shagged viscous) but once you unweight or lift the inside wheel it goes open as you apply throttle.

with my penchant for bouncing off kerbs i can see it not working for me too well.

Also dumhed had issues with it spinning up on med to fast sweepers so he installed the big rice wing to keep a bit of load over the arse end which helped. That didn't come with the car so it will have that problem if i don't change the diff.

My old GTR diff does that but you can drive around it. Just have to drive better. (I'm not saying I do - just that I can tell the difference between getting a corner right and getting it wrong.)

bah! I'd rather cover for my lack of ability by jamming a better diff in it at zero cost :D

Sound like you need to invest in a nismo clutch pack bob :O

That's the way. I would.

One day, that would be nice, in the meantime I just try to drive smoothly.