SAU Community

Exhaust Systems

Niiice... do you know where you can get a Legalis R cat-back system? They're 3 inch and fully stainless aren't they? The best I've been able to find is an exhaust shop that has done several stageas apparently, who said a stainless custom system would be around $850 + cost of exhaust tip(s) ($80 +). That in 3" stainless.

Edit: OOPS mis-read - you can only get that system for M35 :)

Perhaps give Henry @ RMS (http://www.rmsmotorparts.com.au) a call (03) 9872 6669.

Really nice guy and his prices are really, really good.

If there is something similar for an S2, he will find it (he is the only one who knew of & found my front pipe).

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Got cat-back done the other day... I fitted a stainless 3" split front/dump with my hi-flow turbo and 5" body 3" flanged hi-flow cat' myself, and it wouldn't *quite* line up with the stock cat-back (flange angled a little too low on the cat) but with a bunch of gaskets, one bolt, and some forcing I was able to make it hold just enough for a risky drive to the exhaust shop... Exhaust Technologies was the only place I could get it done in time; they did it within the week :ninja: full 3" mandrel-bent mild system with stainless magnaflow ovals mid and rear. Sounds bloody drony, and a bit loud perhaps... but bloody awesome :banana: Will post pics/video. System doesn't hang too low ('cept for the cat'), and the stainless twin tips they installed to match the originals really look awesome - long, so that you can't see the muffler from the rear. Clever that.

Just installed a custom 3" split dump/front pipe with metal cat by Liverpool exhaust for M35 AR-X. The result is very noticeable with more torque and quicker response than stock. Turbo spooling is also very audible as well, perhaps a bit too loud for my liking, but the gain is well worth it.

I still have the stock cat-back as well.

Just installed a custom 3" split dump/front pipe with metal cat by Liverpool exhaust for M35 AR-X. The result is very noticeable with more torque and quicker response than stock. Turbo spooling is also very audible as well, perhaps a bit too loud for my liking, but the gain is well worth it.

I still have the stock cat-back as well.

I had exactly the same experience with C34 re: louder turbo spool. But I agree, increased power & marginally better fuel economy means I'll put up with it :P

Lol yeah I was just hoping for a little better consumption at cruise. But if I take advantage of the extra power then I have to expect worse consumption... so far consumption is worse :P But hoping if I go on some long trips it will show improvement. Spend most of my time driving in limp-mode anyway with the transmission stuck in 3rd gear 'cause of my (* ignition circuit problem (cuts out or shorts or something randomly). When/if I ever fix that it might improve.

I have just bought a pair of brand new clear side indicators c/w new amber bulbs straight plug in job for NZ$39 the pair from here:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-194674347.htm

If you sign up to Trade Me (it is possible from Aus) you could buy direct or otherwise I could get some for anyone interested. But the relevance to this thread is that he also stocks a range of exhaust tips (steel, not stainless) from about $75. If you look on his entry above and click on "seller's other listings" you can see the tips but not shown are a number of twin tips (a range of single entry sizes including 3in) coming out of one muffler - cost about $150.00. I just got in today before he closed for Xmas and i don't know when he will open but when he does i will go in and take a few pics and post them up.

If you want here is an HKS Stagea specific muffler: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-194346844.htm