SAU Community

Exhaust Systems

Like allways ,I have lots of ideas ,but short of money and looking for something found this(I have a fujitsubo muffler)

http://translate.google.com.au/translate?h...en%26safe%3Doff

and this one (love the sound)

http://translate.google.com.au/translate?h...en%26safe%3Doff

(After months of having my car last week was the first time somebody seat on my car and press the gas and I hear it ...lovely sound :domokun: )

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Again ,looking around what upgrade to do to my car(cheap is the name of the game)I crossed myself with this 3" dump/front pipe ,I like the flexible part (should make fitting a bit easier).the thing is ,are R33 and stagea S2 dump/front pipes compatible????????

rb_dp_fp.jpg

Again ,looking around what upgrade to do to my car(cheap is the name of the game)I crossed myself with this 3" dump/front pipe ,I like the flexible part (should make fitting a bit easier).the thing is ,are R33 and stagea S2 dump/front pipes compatible????????

rb_dp_fp.jpg

love the random 2.5" to 3" jump... i have seen these in person and wouldn't fit one to my car.

i also think the 2-3" jump is a bit dodge. but to answer your question, i have a cheapo R33 dump pipe on my s2, just had to change the angle of the long straight piece so it met up with the cat ok. that flexi section may help with this, i cant remember how much i had to change the angle but those flexi pieces only bend slightly.

excuse me if this seems like a stupid question, but i realise everyone wants the dump and front pipe to make up the "turbo back" system, but i was just wondering what about extractors???? does anyone have them or are they no real improvement once you've got the dump pipe hanging off the turbo?

just curious ppls

cheers, Bradd

you mean an exhaust manifold.

maybe one day I'll grab a decent brand name stainless steel mig welded 2nd hand item off ebay (around $450US)

same goes for the intake manifold, one day would like a Greddy plenum, rerouting the fmic as neccesary

Hi all,

Just wondering, of those of you that have fitted a large hi-flow cat' (the round stainless style with 3" flanges and 4" or 5" body), how close does your cat' sit to the ground? My ride height is currently about 395mm centre to guards and I already have too little clearance there for my liking. My cat' is the lowest point on the car. If I go any lower, even 20 or 30mm, I fear I might collect speed humps!

Edited by DaveB

you mean an exhaust manifold.

maybe one day I'll grab a decent brand name stainless steel mig welded 2nd hand item off ebay (around $450US)

same goes for the intake manifold, one day would like a Greddy plenum, rerouting the fmic as neccesary

cheers mate, so the standard exhaust manifolds are pretty good up to say 300kw or so??? like you wouldn't put one on unless you were putting a custom plenum on as well?

yeah looks like the dump pipe is 2.5"?

standard chinese shit... DO NOT BUY

excuse me if this seems like a stupid question, but i realise everyone wants the dump and front pipe to make up the "turbo back" system, but i was just wondering what about extractors???? does anyone have them or are they no real improvement once you've got the dump pipe hanging off the turbo?

just curious ppls

cheers, Bradd

a turbo charged car does not have the "extractors" that a naturally aspirated car has, on an NA car, you have the head, the extracters/headers(on a 4banger they are 4-2-1 or 4-1) then the rest of the exhaust.

on a turbo car you have the exhaust manifold hanging off of the head, with the turbo on that, then from the exhaust of the turbo- the first bit is called the dump or down pipe, then from there too the cat is the "front" pipe, then your cat, then the catback system which ideally has a midmuffler then the rear muffler

cool thanks for clearing that up for me ryan, just wasn't sure how it all worked with the "turbo back" system

now time for a dump/front pipe, is it better to get a dump and front in one piece or to get the spilt dump pipe with a separate front pipe?

cool thanks for clearing that up for me ryan, just wasn't sure how it all worked with the "turbo back" system

now time for a dump/front pipe, is it better to get a dump and front in one piece or to get the spilt dump pipe with a separate front pipe?

personally I would go a proper 3" bellmouth, not the chinese spilt's...

yeh thats what i thought too, just lookin at a couple on ebay, there's one that is a 3"bellmouth design dump and front pipe in one for a 33 (which means it should fit my S2 ) i dont see what the advantage is of having a split dump pipe anyways, its all going into one pipe anyways?? :S

yeh thats what i thought too, just lookin at a couple on ebay, there's one that is a 3"bellmouth design dump and front pipe in one for a 33 (which means it should fit my S2 ) i dont see what the advantage is of having a split dump pipe anyways, its all going into one pipe anyways?? :S

I've had good dealings with http://www.justjap.com/

Greg from GKtech is a champ too, but i wasn't impressed with his RB product.