SAU Community

Exhaust Systems

yeh thats what i thought too, just lookin at a couple on ebay, there's one that is a 3"bellmouth design dump and front pipe in one for a 33 (which means it should fit my S2 ) i dont see what the advantage is of having a split dump pipe anyways, its all going into one pipe anyways?? :S

So...R33=S2 ,so Can I use let's say Apexi R33 front pipe and HKS split dump????????

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...R33=S2 ,so Can I use let's say Apexi R33 front pipe and HKS split dump????????

Possibly, depends if it clears the firewall and floor-pan (angle of the bends will be somewhat critical here).

I suggest that it's much easier fitting-wise, and possibly cheaper, to go for a 1-piece front & dump pipe - 1 pipe from the turbo all the way back to the cat'. Apparrently the JustJap stagea bellmouth fits these days, and if you make sure to tell them series 1 or 2, and find out if you can return it if it doesn't fit, you should be pretty safe.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for bumping the thread, but I just have a few questions.

Has anyone had experience with the GKtech front/dump pipe combo?

http://www.gktech.com.au/front.asp?pid=11&...uctID=R323-FRDU

I'm trying to decide between that and the JJR bellmouth one that I know a few people on here are running

http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...=276&page=1

I'll also be looking for a cat converter, I assume something like this would be fine?

http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...=275&page=1

Car is a S1 C34, and has a 3 inch catback system

Thanks guys

Edited by 180fan

Man I like the look of the gktech one and you can't argue for the price! I'm very interested in this too as I really like the idea of the flex pipe.

Edited by horrace

Brian,

I'd steer clear of that split front dump setup.... Just get the proven JJR front dump with catco cat. That split system I think will come awfully close to the firewall.

Yeah, that is something I would be concerned with too. I actually contacted Greg from GKtech a few months ago to see if it would fit and he couldn't guarantee that it would, as he hadnt had anyone use it on a Stagea apparently.

I think I'll just play it safe and go with the JJR option, unless anyone can confirm that the GKtech one will fit properly.

don't get the gktech RB dump/fronts... its a 2.5" dump, 2.5" front inlet to 3" front piping and outlet, the dump itself won't be any good to you once you upgrade the turbo, stick to a bellmouth.

Brian,

I'd steer clear of that split front dump setup.... Just get the proven JJR front dump with catco cat. That split system I think will come awfully close to the firewall.

I'm running the JJR split front/dump, and no problems with firewall clearance (s2 c34). And huge gains in performance after going from stanard, but I also got 200 cell high flow metal cat and 3" stainless catback with connon from 32gtr.

Im running a HKS racing front pipe and a full nismo 3" exhaust. its got the oval shapped exhaust at the back. Dont have any pic as im at overseas. But you can see it in REV mag.

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody running the 'GTR front pipes' from JJR on a 260RS??

Was contemplating buying a set and tesing it out, and if it doesnt fit sell to a GTR owner. Or just modify myself.

Bit of a trial and error I guess.