SAU Community

Exhaust Systems

JJR front/dump from just jap. didnt fit up right need to be cut and re-welded, the bend is wrong and hits the crossmember...

I'm thinking of getting the bellmouth from jjr too... but i thought it was suppose to be a bolt on jobbie... most others that have fitted it have had no problems?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the JJR bellmouth dumpie, standard cat and some ghetto 3" catback thing with a 5" Cannon that I found down the side of Mike40sydney's house. :down:

It drooooooooooooooooooooooooooned.

Guys are you confusing the bell-mouth (non split) with the split pipes here? I contacted JJR and they told me the splits have issues, need modification to fit properly, but that the bellmouth pipes (non-split) fit stagea without modification.

Edited by DaveB

ahh finally exhaust is on, and pics have been taken

JJR front/dump from just jap. didnt fit up right need to be cut and re-welded, the bend is wrong and hits the crossmember

3" Xforce hiflow cat

Xforce MID muffler

Xforce read muffler with twin 3"tips

That's it, that's what I'm after for my S2! I'm in same boat - want to buy a jap system but they're all cannons. Do you have the part number of the rear x-force muffler? Stuff with twin tips like that seems pretty rare...

C'mon guys don't be weak.. Go twin 4" cannons :yes:

IMG_0033.jpg

I've got a 3" exhaust on my car going through to the twin 4" cannons and the young kids across the road recon my car is a beast caus it shakes there windows when i start it up lol

I also want to get a JJR Bellmouth dump.. not sure what dump i have on mine but i want something thats gonna free flow.. also i want to see if i can get 3" pipe with some mandrel bends for an intake pipe for the turbo.

Edited by SHIZNT

Quiet, but with a nice deep rumble while cruising... Open her up & the volume increases a fair bit.

Nowhere near shaking windows though :D

3" Fujitsubo Legalis R Evolution exhaust

3" Kakimoto front pipe

post-31842-1227482989_thumb.jpg

Stock dump because it contains the pre-cat which I have found it enough if you are selective about which fuel you use.

example: I filled up using Vortex98 last week and for the first time, my car smelt like rotten egg. Used 74L, put 15" of Vpower in, smell is much less.

Will be filling up tomorrow with ether Ultimate or Vpower. Smell should be gone completely.

ahh finally exhaust is on, and pics have been taken

JJR front/dump from just jap. didnt fit up right need to be cut and re-welded, the bend is wrong and hits the crossmember

3" Xforce hiflow cat

Xforce MID muffler

Xforce read muffler with twin 3"tips

Well I got the same problem as you when I did mine

JJR Bellmouth - didn't fit properly - exacly the same problem (and yes I brought the Stagea one) so it was rewelded

3" Magaflow Cat

Custom mid Muffler

Xforce 3" muffler with twin 3" twips

Sounds very good, has a nice exhaust note, still has that skyline sound and it's not too loud to be cop bait

xforce rear muffler numbers is MP01 . if you go to there webpage and click on the universal mufflers. wont be hard to spot it.

my middle muffle is faily big. got a nice note to it. cant hear it when i open it up tho. but been told it sounds nice from behind.

its going back today to get the front pipe fixed, gonna ask him to take out the muffler also .. see how it sounds then if its too 'droney', ill put it back on when i do the 100k service

on that note . ima go and make a video recording with twin mufflers so anyone interested can hear what it sounds like

C'mon guys don't be weak.. Go twin 4" cannons :ermm:

IMG_0033.jpg

I've got a 3" exhaust on my car going through to the twin 4" cannons and the young kids across the road recon my car is a beast caus it shakes there windows when i start it up lol

I also want to get a JJR Bellmouth dump.. not sure what dump i have on mine but i want something thats gonna free flow.. also i want to see if i can get 3" pipe with some mandrel bends for an intake pipe for the turbo.

speak with ray at re about the pipe. he should have a fair bit left after doin my exhaust i'll check today heading in about 30mins

speak with ray at re about the pipe. he should have a fair bit left after doin my exhaust i'll check today heading in about 30mins

Cool mate, I'm heading down there on Thursday. Finally getting my spitfires put in then increase boost and back on the dyno! Hopefully i get some decent results.

That sounds awesome... thanks for that. Can't really tell very accurately because of the auto-volume thing on video cameras, but it sounds pretty quiet when you compare to the voices which seem to drown out the exhaust? Do you know the part number of your centre muffler?

um .... i will have it off the car by tomorrow. can always check the invoice and let you know when i pic up my car.

yeah you cant hear it as you would say on a r34 with cannon. idle is quiet, little bit of RB rumble, can tell the difference between the stock for sure,

new vid should be up thursday ... if not weekend latest with just the rear muffler

Quiet, but with a nice deep rumble while cruising... Open her up & the volume increases a fair bit.

Nowhere near shaking windows though :P

3" Fujitsubo Legalis R Evolution exhaust

3" Kakimoto front pipe

post-31842-1227482989_thumb.jpg

Stock dump because it contains the pre-cat which I have found it enough if you are selective about which fuel you use.

example: I filled up using Vortex98 last week and for the first time, my car smelt like rotten egg. Used 74L, put 15" of Vpower in, smell is much less.

Will be filling up tomorrow with ether Ultimate or Vpower. Smell should be gone completely.

Niiice... do you know where you can get a Legalis R cat-back system? They're 3 inch and fully stainless aren't they? The best I've been able to find is an exhaust shop that has done several stageas apparently, who said a stainless custom system would be around $850 + cost of exhaust tip(s) ($80 +). That in 3" stainless.

Edit: OOPS mis-read - you can only get that system for M35 :)

Edited by DaveB

• 2 weeks later...

just got one of my mufflers taken out , so now its a straight 3inch pipe from the cat to the rear muffler, and ya know what .. its quieter then a r34 with a cannon tip and mid muffler

so its staying the way it is :D i'll post a vid on youtube soon, so you can tell the difference