SAU Community

Dodgey Roads in VIC - Help save a brother/sisters wheels/bar/suspension

inark

area:toorak??

not sure if im double posting but at the end of williams rd goin away from toorak rd , the curvy stretch that follows the yarra DO NOT stay in the left lane!! theres a deep fkuc off pothole right before the lights where the park is. its on the corner and theres no way of avoiding it. been down there twice yesterday and saw hubcaps flying!! the pot hole is about the same depth as a small road curb.....a definite rim killer.!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by skyline33

Area: Caulfield  

location: Exits of Coles car park infront of Monash university, if you want to at least lose the front bumper this is a must, even if your car is not lowered its guaranteed to scrape the exhaust

if its the caulfield campus ur talkin about....yeah its damn nasty but they've recently fixed a metal ramp there so theres no problem anymore:D:D just watch out for the parkin inspectors...lol

Every day on the way to work I gotta drive at about 30k's an hour over this poor excuse for a road. I can't put on my r33 series 2 front lip on cos there would be nothing left of it when i got home. (its for sale)

Malvern: Corner of Glenferrie rd & princess highway on the in bound side. The tram tracks have turned it into a motorcross track!

Armadale: Corner of Orrong & princess hwy. (just at start of orrong)

Area: St. Albans -> Deer Park

Furlong Road - The whole road is full of pot holes, dips and one set of railway tracks.

Area: Laverton

Fitzgerald Road - This whole road is also full of pot holes and a set of train tracks.

Boundary Road - One of the worst roads around, lots of pot holes and patching due to lots of trucks. You can't do the 90km/h speed limit as it will trash the front of your car.

Area: Richmond

Street: Cremorne St (parallel to Punt between Swan and FWY)

Detail: Lets just say the Lada would have trouble here. The whole street is a 4WD test track. Is not only being resurfaced - but seems to be completely redone from scratch. It looks like an archalogical dig. AVOID AVOID.

Originally posted by inark

Area: St.Kilda

At the lights turning left there is a massive pothole/missing section of Rd.

ok this has now been patched up :)

Originally posted by meggala

yeah I'm moving near there and with the coil overs I could really feel those bumps

Yeah its bad, my gf lives near there...

Fairban Road - Near Geelong Road the left lane is "split" that is the left side of the lane is a lot lower than the right. It will scrape the bottom of your car.

Area: Maribyrnong

Williamson Road - If you are going to Highpoint try to avoid this road. It is full of bumps and has a set of tram tracks that are like a rally jump.

Originally posted by (B1) MR_fanny

area:toorak??

not sure if im double posting but at the end of williams rd goin away from toorak rd , the curvy stretch that follows the yarra DO NOT stay in the left lane!!  theres a deep fkuc off pothole right before the lights where the park is.  its on the corner and theres no way of avoiding it.  been down there twice yesterday and saw hubcaps flying!!  the pot hole is about the same depth as a small road curb.....a definite rim killer.!!

I go over that hole everyday. Anyway i think they patched it yesterday or today. :O

Area: Sunshine

Hampshire Road - From Sunshine Road to the overpass the road is full of pot holes and is steep towards the gutter, you need a Hummer to drive down this road...

Originally posted by Evil

Area: Sunshine

Hampshire Road - From Sunshine Road to the overpass the road is full of pot holes and is steep towards the gutter, you need a Hummer to drive down this road...

Agreed!

That part of hampshire road has been like that for at least 20 years - tightarse bloody council / govt :)

very soft around the edges that road.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Area: Balaclava / Caulfield

Hotham Street - between Dandenong road and Nepean hwy [long stretch] This road has lots of potholes, tram tracks and what I would call ski slopes at the edges, if your suspension is good you may enjoy it but if your ride height or front bar is low you may lose it. Its particularly bad at each side street. If you drive down this road you will know what I mean :)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by dAVE

i drive down hotham road everynow and then and never noticed a prob.. same with toorak road.. used to drive down every day... my suspension is so hard every road in melb is ***t.

yes but did you drive down the LEFT lane of Hotham STREET ? That's what I am talking about...its a clearway during afternoon peak, other times there are usually cars parked there anyways...

Area - Noble Park

Location - Noble Park Maccas

Dont attemp to drive out of the carpark onto elanora road if your car is lowered, it will scrape all the way down.

i think most people know that ****in dip on princess highway going up to the city when you pass caulfield campus

mmz

glenwaverly station the rear car park! the bitumen looks flat at night but its actually a small ramp. went up at at 40k and put two nice cracks in the front bar and my indicator fell off. even driving going up or down it scraps. very evil place.

elder st in clarinda? dunno what the construction guys have been doing but they completely ***ked up the road, now theres patches of uneven surface road all up the street. they just made it worse