SAU Community

What do you pay for your insurance and where?

What do you pay for your insurance and where?

Really looking for some under 20's here.

Looking for a first car, i would put it in my dads name, 59yrs old gold license 60% no claim bonus but im finding it extremely difficult to get a quote for most of the cars im looking at. ($10k)

R32 gtst

S13 ca18det/sr20det

laser tx3 4wd turbo

(+ more placid cars i can get insurance for)

So what do/did you pay?

;)

If his post is rubbish why bother answering it. He asked a simple f***ing question. No need to be a smart arse

:confused: i answered his post because someone else would have said exactly the same thing i did.

see the next post below mine!

Ignore them.

Im 22 f in melb and have a 33 gtst (I know I know completely dif to you) but I pay about $2200 a year full comp.

My cousin is 20 with a 32 gts (note GTS - no turbo) and pays approx $3300 full comp in his own name.

Its not cheap. Good luck.

duncan is right .. insurance comes up so much it gets old .. and people just don't do a simple search ... in fact i'm sure insurance ... and the "how much are u payin for insurance and who from" is the most common thread newbies write ... besides the "welcome to yesterday" topic type thread :D

Sorry dudes, i didnt search but i looked through a couple of pages of posts and didnt see anything where people were listing their insurance so i thought i was safe.. guess not :D

Admins feel free to close/delete this thread :D

ps. Decided insurance would be too much (and most places wont insure me even only listed as a nominated driver) so im just going to let me dad 'purchase' the car and 'borrow' it 'every now and then' ;)

Don't mean to be rude......sorry this, sorry that. Guys you are being rude.....things change all the time....I don't see any prob in updating a topic. Give the guy a break!

Sovereign....My advice is to....

a. get a car you can afford to insure, and thus build up your own no claim bonus. or

b. get an import, bite the bullet and fork out for the inurance, and again build that no claim bonus.

There are no shortcuts in life, and nothing is free and easy. You will get no where real fast having the car insured/owned by your father. This is exactly what I would advise my kids to do.

Best of luck whichever way you go.